Vinyl storage

There is also the possibility of a nice container ( malle in french). You can put maybe 200 lps inside.

1 Like

I think I would have difficulty fitting them in … but I like the sturdy look.

3 Likes

Found some more vinyl today so up to 500. I still think some are missing; but it’s now time to visit B&Q and Ikea to check out the build quality. I suspect if I want to stack my CDs on top of the vinyl I’m going to need MDF cubes.

Now here’s an idea: rustic crates, they may be only 250 deep but they could be my answer - and they stack, if reinforced.

Picked up the boxes today - now to fill them, but perhaps find a place for them to go! I was going to place them underneath my CDs but might try on top first; but there will be an issue of balance!

I was impressed with the factory - wish I had gone for the coloured boxes now.

Looking Good i would put them underneath for balance and weight

1 Like

I concur … then I have to find a place for the CDs (I suspect permanent storage in boxes …) … more work for this evening.

Get the CD’s out put your vinyl boxes in then put CD’s on top see what it looks like how much vinyl do you have?

500 LPs.
I’ve moved the cd racks into different rooms as they are heavy and decided not to stress the crates. Then I put my jazz and Klezmer CDs into boxes and placed the crates on top - just managed to get the vinyl in.

Sounds like a plan get some rest looking forward to the pics

1 Like

I am very tempted with this rack which I find very convenient. However, I have no clue what the maker/brand is…

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this - could be just the thing here, with optional oak shelf on the top and custom colours available …

1 Like

Your welcome!

1 Like

One thing to watch, and I’ll state the obvious, but watch the weight in those boxes. Vinyl weighs a ton.
A mate of mine, who lives in a small house in Cambridge is a big, big vinyl owner. ( But the shittyist TT/ hifi you have ever seen). His collection lines the walls in a couple if his rooms. Literally. All loaded on a suspended wooden floor. One day the lot will end up in the basement, if he had one.

For those looking for storage, also look at the German Mocoba system. Modular, so can be designed to accommodate most spaces, extremely sturdy and assembly is easy, not requiring any tools.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.