Vitus integrated amp v 552/500

So it would be interesting to hear what you think of the Vitus?

Recently bought a new streamer from those lovely people at the Audiobarn to replace the CDS3 cd player.

There, sitting quietly occupying almost all 4 corners of the demo room at the same time was a Vitus SIA30. I thought it was a safe at first (!)

Iā€™m temptedā€¦

3 Likes

At least itā€™s a bit of a lightweight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Will call you over the weekend. Best Peter

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting, so something is wrong?

I know their LP12 and DS streamers are highly regarded.

Try something like a Belles 350A Ref (used) or PS Audio M700s?

A safe, like it, but it is quite big and extremely heavy for one box.
The vitus sia 030 is all anyone would need i think and at Ā£31, bargin lol
It sounds astonishing.
You can add a dac/ streamer module at Ā£5k and its ment to be very good and it costs under Ā£5k
So Ā£36k all in and just add speakers.
Can even add a phono stage built in like the dac.

Iā€™m actually looking at the Aesthetix Mimas.

Apart the KDSM. Agree for amps and speakers.
KDSM into active ATCā€¦but I donā€™t like ATCā€¦

I am very curious now. There is a Vitus dealer in Paris. Hope they have the SIA 25.
Some years ago I heard the RI 101. A bit dull for my tastes.

What would be great (IMHO) would be a Supernova. - high end one box including streamer/DAC

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/rj6h4qYxkCc An interisting video about amplifier class

I think the Linn amps need the Nordost speaker cables to fly. My dealer stands by his words by saying that with the Nordost Odin 2, it would take an amplifier with 3 times the price to beat it.

I heard many times Linn amps . Itā€™s absolutely not my sound, neither Accuphase, Soulution, Ayre, Esoteric, Ch precision, Goldmund, Boulder, Devialet, ATC, Bryston.

1 Like

Perhaps we should have a thread in which we all make long lists of gear we donā€™t like.

Roger

5 Likes

Iā€™d be up for an Extorsionait :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Got the name nailed!

That is a very interesting list, and none is as good as the one you currently own (250 DR)?

Sounds too good, they must be working up to that having got the Atom, Uniti and Nova.
If that is the case, for me the only worry would be they would style it off of the new product styling.

For me, Naim = that perfect little half moon green logo.

Well itā€™s the obvious move with the current uniti range taking styling cues from the Statement.

Iā€™d lusted for years as a broke student for an Olive rig. Styling does take a seismic shift every now and again.

Iā€™m waiting for the announcements that might otherwise have occurred at Munich.

At 10000ā‚¬ per meterā€¦:thinking:

1 Like