Vitus SIA-025 - Anyone tried one?

Has anyone ever listened to one? Was looking to upgrade my Supernait 3 in my second system. I think I could use a bit more on the Duette’s. I’m looking at a preowned one, not new. Thanks!

Have you tried the search tool? i can think of one member on here who detailed his trialling of one, and I think there are at least a couple of others who have as well.

1 Like

If you look on hifishark under ‘sold’ you can see they come up for sale pretty often. No new ones on there at the moment though.

This may not be representative of general vitus reliability but I know (though have lost touch with them) two local people who have or had vitus amplifiers and both had to go back to Denmark for repairs very early on in their ownership

2 Likes

I had one and my view on it should be on here still if you search for it.
But it’s a lovely sounding bit off kit, especially for the money, and size.
But it can give off quite a bit off heat.

I have the sia030

I had one for a while. Found it lovely but a bit warm and soft for my tastes. Swapped it for the 101 and was much happier

1 Like

Thanks. I hardly ever think about sending equipment back. One thing I’ve come to love about Naim. Just so reliable until you do something self inflicted (like I have!) to warrant a repair. Or the times to send back for recap service.

I don’t think reliability is an issue anymore than another hi end hifi business.
I been fine with my sia030 so far which is good news as at 70 kg it would be a bugger to send back.
It doesn’t need servicing like naim, so need to worry about that which is nice.
But if you do need to send it back then it’s like naim through the network of dealers.

That’s like a match fit Chris Eubank Sr.

Please give me your thoughts on the difference in the Class A v Class AB modes Dunc. Which mode due you tend to use, and which do you prefer?

Class A all the time, as it’s just lush.
Vocals are just nicer and sound so real in class A
Class B is also nice, just not as nice.
I certainly find the vitus a great match in my system.
You can only try it for yourself, but give yourself atleast a week with it, as i am sure it will blow you away right from the start with what it can do, but you may also find that as with more time with it you might miss some off the naim amp sound, as thats what happened to me with the sia025.
The sia030 is a different beast altogether but as with anything only you can decide. But the sia025 is a fantastic intergrated amp and punches well above it’s price, and one box design.

4 Likes

Hi
Apologies for the late reply. I have been the happy owner of a Vitus SIA 025 for a few months now. My previous system was supernait 3 and nd5 xs2 into focal stand mount utopia’s with beryllium tweeters.
The step up for me also incuded a mola mola Tambaqui dac. I kept the focal speakers. It is a huge jump in cost as a a system but for my ears well worthwhile. I now enjoy just listening to the music rather than wondering about upgrade possibilities. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

7 Likes

Do you run it in class A mode, Richard? What are the differences in sound characteristics between the two modes?

Hi Andy
I use class A for music and AB for films and TV. TV is APPLE tv using Optical out of tv into mola mola dac.
Class A runs warm. AB running temp is very similar to Naim SN3.
No hum in either setting.

1 Like

Class A is warmer and perhaps more fluid. AB sound is like a cross between old Naim and New Classic.

2 Likes

Class A is a touch warmer but also has a nicer top end tone to it, it just sounds so right and natural.
On the sia025 in class A it gets warm, the size off the unit struggles to get rid off the heat as the heat sinks just aren’t big enough.
The sia030 being much bigger doesn’t get anywhere near the temperature of the sia025.
Plus the sia030 just inpoves in ever area over the 025. Especially in the lower end.

I’m looking forward to trying out a sia030 in a couple weeks! I’ve also ordered a Bartok to try with my Alluxity that I picked up a bit ago to replace my Supernait 3. Been on vacation with the family and get back next week. Can’t wait to listen to some music again!

1 Like

When you get them both try balanced output on the bartok, set the output voltage to 6 volts. Then on the sia030 obviously use a balanced input and set this to 8 volts.
It will sound absolutely amazing.
Then just play around with all the different map and filter settings.

3 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait! Plan to connect the Bartok to the alluxity first as it will be a few weeks before the Vitus comes in. What are you using for cables @Dunc ?

I have a few different ones now, but i use chord music xlr from my vivaldi and townshend F1 xlr on my phono stage