Vocal Jazz Music thread

great stuff. Superb talent.

1 Like

Love this one

Nina Simone. Obviously.

Seriously wonderful… please give it a spin…can you still spin on a streamer?

2 Likes

A recent release. Great vocals with some classy pianists.

4 Likes

All her albums are excellent indeed. Outstanding musicianship and very well recorded.
The label is having a sale this at the moment and don’t forget the other fine jazz singer on the same label, Denise Jannah, she is a bit more traditional but it is a very fine album;
https://www.soundliaison.com/

She’s got taste - the Hankster’s ‘Soul Station’ !

Jimmy Scott

Some artists I have not seen : Al Jarreau , Tania Maria, Tierney Sutton, Andy Bey, Leon Thomas.

Didn’t see him yet…

3 Likes

Best I creep you in here Ian,but my favourite…sings the songs of Fran Landsman is not available on Qobuz.
Nimage

This Friday is a good day to support her as; ''Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share on Friday June 5 as a way of showing support for the music creators. This is a great day to load up on downloads of your fave songs and albums by your fave artists. ‘’

Jimmy Scott - All The Way, 1992

Track 6 on her excellent 2nd album :grinning:

https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-is-a-state-of-mind

Carmen Gomes;
''Listening back to our 2nd album, I can’t help but get a bit emotional.
My good friend Peter Guidi who passed away in 2018, plays a marvelous bass flute solo on the song “September”.
Peter was a friend of bassist Peter Bjørnild who brought him to the session.
It was the beginning of great friendship. Peter Guidi got me and Peter Bjørnild our teaching jobs at the MSA and was someone we could always call upon for advise on all things in music and life.

We were so full of youthful ambition back then. Listening now I think we proved that we could live up to our own expectations.
Listen to Barend Middelhoff really playing the blues on “I Believe”
Marcel van Engelen’s superb work with the brushes on “Rei”.
Carjan Witmer’s lyric solo on “Where Can I Go”.
Peter Bjørnild’s cello like bow solo on “Take It All”
and Eric Vloeimans’ expressive trumpet solo’s on “She” and “Rei”.

This album got awarded the album of the year award by Jazzmagazine Jazznu.’’

@anon41143757 and the vocalist on this is? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This may seem an odd choice to some of you but Doris Day was a great vocalist and this album with the Andre Previn Trio is most enjoyable.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up but as GeoffC says where’s the vocals.

Streaming on Qobuz FLAC 96kHz 24bit.

Dave

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.