Vtuner down

The Naim’s Choice selection seems to work though (Naim Radio, FIP, Radio Paradise etc.) but not anything else.

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
Thank you for your response on Christmas Day @Stevesky :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Happy Christmas everyone. But sadly still no music from our favourite radio stations. Any chance of an update on progress to recover vTuner?

1 Like

Down in the Netherlands.
No information from naim.

On the contrary - see Steve’s post above.

Even the Naïm channels do not work !

In italy NO radio internet today 25/12/23 h. 09,30

After 12+ hrs vTuner still down …. What kind of company is this?

No service level at all - thousands of frustrated listeners esp. on Christmas eve … unbelievable and disappointing.

Any recommendations from naim for alternatives? Naim seems to have chosen the wrong partner for internet radio …

4 Likes

Pff I thought it was my device, still lots of other possibilities for music, merry Christmas to you all!

1 Like

Anyone with a gen 2 device (ND555, NDX2, ND5XS2, 222, 333 etc.) can simply move to the iOS RadioBox app (or any of the android or iOS alternatives) and cast pretty much any internet radio station to their naim system.

We’ve been doing this for a long time, due to vTuner not keeping up to date with station URL changes.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Here (Helsinki) this works:

Things seem to be working fine on Roon, though I’m trying to wean myself off that. Not very successfully thus far.

I don’t suppose VTuner chose this. It could be a simple breakdown or a hacking event. It is an inconvenience and likely a bit irritating for many of us but probably extremely disruptive for the VTuner staff who are undoubtedly working to resolve this. Season of goodwill and all that makes me feel this is a harsh comment especially when you think about what is happening in a couple of places in the world currently, whilst we are in our nice warm homes and able to listen to other sources via our Naim kit.

5 Likes

Down in The Netherlands. Listening to the top 2000 from telephone to ndx2 using bluetooth. Not the usual sound quality.

Hi Ian,
Tx for the hint - where to find RadioBox? apple app store lists several similar apps … tx

I should have checked here first! Just reset the Muso QB and lost all my favourites. I also reset my network devices - what a waste of time!

I should have added that I can play stuff via UPNP/DLNA bridge. I’m using Logitech Media Server which can send local music and internet radio too.

Vtuner are based in New York, so it may take a few more hours at least, as they are still likely to be asleep?

1 Like

Idem in italy.

South Gloucestershire here for Christmas. No IR either
Martin