Warranty repair delay!

Much as we all enjoy our equipment Covid has stretched Naim’s service department and the delays on service to unbelievable levels. This certainly isn’t their fault and must be stressful for them and annoying for customers…long waits and slower replies must be very frustrating indeed.
Unfortunately repair and service costs have been increased which doesn’t help the customer!
They aren’t mass produced products and as such might be more prone to less quality control? My first 2 CD5XS had wonky cases and the third had a cable that scraped which had to go back to HQ! Third time lucky! In 12 + years all the kit has sounded great and apart from a 10p resistor costing me £360 to have replaced about 6 years ago I’ve been generally happy.
I do think a more generous policy on screens and relays would help. These seem to be known faults and dealt with accordingly. Telling someone who has spent lots of money that it’s a relay and will cost the customer hundreds of pounds just isn’t a help reaIly . I can’t avoid the relays but will never buy a naim product with a screen.
I wonder how many people would buy naim kit again given the delays and repair costs. Apparently Rega have more of a lifetime guarantee but I have no idea how effective this is in practice or what their service and repair costs are.It would be interesting to know…
In my humble opinion all kit should be photographed as it arrives and leaves the service department and dealer. It might help in cases of kit sent out and then arriving damaged?

1 Like

My NDX will go back to repair the case, I have the costs of mail in the unit and a small fee to correct the scratches, not perfect but at least not awful.

This made me very stressful in the last days, but at least I will have my unit as it was before. And with that I am relieved, the only hope is it does not take too much time.

photograph it before you send it
show the dealer the damage before you send it
and open it up in front of him when it returns
good luck

1 Like

Already photographed, this time also will film when opening the box because it has been an awful experience.

I really hope you can get that sorted. I know I would have been annoyed. My cds3 went back to the uk. Through customs and it took ages (thanks to the great deal negotiated :roll_eyes:) but it did come back with the original blemishes which were minimal. I was hoping they would ‘clean’ the cd tray though. Anyway it was fully functional when I got it back so all good. I would try getting those issues sorted with the insurance. Any sensible transit from dealer to Naim and vice versa would have been insured.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.