We've gone to America by mistake

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/radio/radio_differences.html

Hi - yes it was. Very helpful chaps.

They kindly suggested Michael at Focal Naim America might be able to look at it more quickly, so I’ve written to him too.

Thanks Alan! Indeed a step up transformer is added to the list of options. A most helpful reply!

1 Like

Wonder what that does for the PRAT?

2 Likes

Hello! Whilst you raise an excellent point we managed it in our 500yr old house in the UK. I think this (US) one dates to 1890 and was refurbed in 2000. The majority of sockets/outlets are three pronged and there’s some vestigial two prongers next to where the SU must sit.

I’m asking an electrician to provide a new circuit for the hifi and sending the unit off to Focal Naim to be rewired. This should cover all angles, hopefully.

4 Likes

Michel at Focal Naim has responded and the SU will soon be winging its way towards him for internal re-wiring. Hopefully this covers all eventualities. Thank you kindly for all the suggestions. Very impressed by the forum, AVOptions and Focal Naim. Less impressed by my underpowered hair-do.

2 Likes

I’ve bought a three-pronger outlet/plug socket from AVOptions to replace the old one. In these troubled times, a chap needs all the prongs he can reasonably source.

1 Like

I think you have covered all the main points very well. Voltage change, wall plug/receptacle new mains wiring. You should be up and running quickly. Excellent decisions.

Scott

1 Like

Is there a second-hand market in North America, beyond the known online electronic bay of exchange? I’m trying to get a CB or Olive 250 and they seem to be rarer.

@Donkeyhaute

You can check Dealers websites. I use Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle, a fantastic Naim dealer that have a section for used products on their website and will ship. Other dealers around the country will also have used equipment. Internet search is your friend in this case.

1 Like

Bingo! CB nap250. Multiple thankings.

Snaffled.

Snaffled? No go then? Sold?

Scott

1 Like

Sorry. I meant “I have acquired it”

2 Likes

Basil Audio- California - Brit chap….
Promusica- Chicago - John or Ken
Sound image - Atlanta GA - Lawson
Tune HiFi- Seattle Washington - Connon
Next level HiFi - Wayne Illinois - Tyler
Accent on music - Mt Kisko New York - Dave and Alma

Hope this helps for dealers. As for auction sites. Not sure if I can mention them, but Audiogon, and USaudiomart are a few outside of the main one we all know.

Sorry Richard Dane if I am not allowed to mention the sites. Just trying to help a Naimer here in the states.

1 Like

Congratulations! You move pretty darn quick…

1 Like

Witness protection and high ampage.

1 Like

Audiogon and USaudiomart - a search engine will find both.

I would also mention Audio Eden in Aurora just outside Toronto … Dave … they’ve shipped to me in the States … and the exchange rate of 1.23CDN to the USdollar doesn’t hurt a bit especially with no taxes; they take care of all the import tomfoolery. … there’s also Fidelis AV in Nashua NH who are good to work with …

1 Like

Hi. Sorry, I replied to entirely the wrong person, which is hopeless of me. Yes - the seven month thing was from AVOptions. Chap was super helpful so I relieved him of an electrical outlet and power cable.