WH Phantom

Think they need a few more, with all the orders they are getting lol

2 Likes

I’ve used my Phantom speaker cables for sometime now and can only confirm that they are far superior to NACA5.
The same applies to the Morgana interconnect on my NDX2 to SN3 compared to Naim supplied cable.
Like all cables they improve over time.
When you look at their cost they must be one of the best options at the moment, especially as you can return them for a refund if you’re unhappy with them. Win, win situation.

3 Likes

Just recived my Phantom cabels, they Sound superior to nac5a even they are new. I have High hops for this cable.

7 Likes

Phantom have had about 30 hours of playing time. First impressions are pretty much the same as has been described. Bass is better defined, overall detail is much improved and timing/dynamics also seem improved. They do seem more extended in the upper frequencies which seems to have exacerbated the HF issues I have with my current speakers/room/hearing. This is a longstanding problem I have been trying to resolve so once they are run in fully I will audition more speakers and look to add some room treatments over time. To clarify this further this is not a problem on all recordings as a good proportion sound absolutely superb and are definitely improved.

4 Likes

Having read all of the glowing reports of the Phantom over Naca5, I am tempted to make the change on my system, which is Quite + Nap 100 into Spendor S5e.
Therefore, I just wondered if anyone is using these cables on a similar, modest set-up, which may not be so susceptible to such a subtle change.

Grateful for any thoughts.

I’m sure it would improve your system. However, I’m one of those who believes the cables are as important as the boxes.
As Witch Hat have a thirty day return policy you have nothing to lose.

1 Like

Thanks John.
I know that you have had some good results from yours, which I have been following.

There is the return option, as you point out, though that would be hassle for me and WH, so I don’t want to start the process without good intentions, which I don’t think would be the case in this instance.

I know you also have the Morgana, though that is a bit ‘toppy’ for me and my system.

2 Likes

Put the order in for cables and jumpers, with delivery in about 3 weeks.

2 Likes

So are these like the NACA5 requiring a 5 to 7m run?

What happened to 3.5m?

3.5m is the minimum length sold by WH.

1 Like

The minimum for NACA5 on Naim amps is 3.5m.
5 to 7 m is considered an optimal length for NACA5, not a minimum.

When I spoke to them 3.5 metres is absolutely fine. They didn’t try to sell me longer lengths claiming they would sound better, there should be no audible difference.

from the Frequently asked questions section of the forum…

Naim power amplifiers do not have extra inductance networks in the output. Naim prefer the more elegant solution of allowing the speaker cable to provide the correct inductance and capacitance.

To do so, a minimum of 3.5 metres per channel of NACA4 or NACA5 cable is required – although the optimum length is around 5-10 metres with a maximum recommended length of 20 metres. We find the supplied Naim speaker plugs to be an optimal match for the 4mm sockets we use on our amplifiers.

1 Like

It would be nice to know the inductance and capacitance per meter of this Phantom cable.

Yes, same here in believing that cables are as important as equipment which caused me to overspend on cables. I don’t use the WitchHat Phantom though.

1 Like

I do not know the inductance and capacitance but there is an article on the WH web site that mentions the cable was developed by Mark, a former Naim employee who worked as a test engineer. Some members on the forum have mentioned they use it. I use the Naim NAC A5 and I am quite happy with it.

1 Like

‘quite happy with it’

I think you might be very happy with Phantom speaker cables :grin:

5 Likes

…you may be absolutely right, and I learned long ago to never say never, but for now I am going to stick with my current configuration since it brings me joy on a daily basis! :wink:

1 Like

That is all we can hope for.

1 Like