What a great Forum this is

Problem there would be that I rent and do not own the apartment where I live… not sure if my landlord would want me to redo the electrics🤔

1 Like

Depends how neat and tidy the electrician doing the work is :zap:

Have you considered B&W’s - great match for Naim amps?

Hi yes the dealer who stocks the Spendors also stocks B&W - so plan to demo those too

I echo the try at home with the speakers. You’ll love the A7s and depending on your room the D7. 2s will take it up a notch or two… I went for D7.2s ultimately as my vinyl thru the Rega P6 sounded markedly better. Nothing wrong with A7s just found them a little bass heavy. The D7.2s reveal everything including poor recordings. Very detailed. To add a little Oompth I’ve paired them with a REL t7i sub… The Gaia’s are a must too. Happy trialling. :ok_hand:

I’m not sure how you can say so confidently that the OP ‘will love the A7s’ without hearing them at home. They might be awful. One could also question the efficacy of speakers that need a sub to give oomph and where third party add-on feet are ‘a must’. I have neither a sub or fancy feet and have oomph and tight bass aplenty. You’d hope that spending £4,500 on speakers would give decent results without extras.

It’s just a matter of speech & opinion… OP will make their own mind up.

/thread hijack - sorry/
Richard - do you mean chaining the 3 double sockets in series off one power cable coming from the new CU? (did email your customer support but they just said ‘ask your electrician’ :slightly_frowning_face: Keen to know as am putting in dedicated mains shortly)
/end hijack/

and to the OP - I agree, lots of great content. And a range of people and opinions, and mostly reasonable argument… there are worse places to hang out…

I have recently upgraded to SN3 and Spendor D7.2, absolutely superb for me. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Welcome.
Can you tell us what speakers you had before?
Ta

my room is approx 5m by 5m - can I ask what the size of the room is that you have your spendors in?
did you demo the A7’s at all?

thanks

Yes.

:+1:

Just be aware of the T&E cable gauge, standard 13A UK sockets switched or unswitched (assuming you’re in the UK) aren’t designed to take 10mm T&E as many folks will insist is the prefered cabling type between your CU and socket outlets.
If you daisy chain multiple sockets using a single 10mm cable to your CU you’ll probably struggle to fit all the cables in, at least try the cable on the socket fittings first and walk through the termination with your electrician, most will question your logic at this point. 6mm is a lot easier to run in and terminate and over a short distance (under 5m cable length as a guide) I doubt many would be able to blind A-B any differences between the two.

Have the NDX2 and SN3 paired with A7 . Wonderful combo.

2 Likes

I have had the A7 for 3 months and loving them. Paired with SN3 and NDX streamer.

2 Likes

I have a sn2/ ndx2 ( and some venerable doendor s8s). Great combo, you shoukd be very happy. BUT speaker cable can make a big difference. I had some other well known reasonable quality but not recommended cabke from the days before Naim! Changed it this year for naca5 (other makes available lol) and the effect was transformative. I picked naca5 after reading a comment that at least with that I’d get the sound Naim intended. Very happy, no desire to change anything!!

2 Likes

As as music lover and not audiophile the Forum has been the best resource for enhancing my listening experience and exploring equipment upgrades. Insights garnered on 552 prompted me to listen at my dealer and ultimately acquire. I was always dubious of expensive cable upgrading and listening at dealer offered no incentive, but experiences of Forum participants made difference. In similar vein I’ll be adding ND555 with two 555’s. Obviously Forum is fostered to promote Naim’s products, but to surprising extent a wide-range of intellectually honest opinions, preferences and tastes emerge and from that buying decisions.

2 Likes

Welcome back Fallstaff. Yes for a brand forum it is pretty liberal in its approach. Sounds like you’re on a good road.

Lindsay

1 Like

I couldnt agree more! Just picked them up and very smooth. Much faster than my Sonus Faber toy towers,