Like it or not you have a local area network. Your problem appears to be it falls over if there is no internet.
I think weâve just demonstrated that itâs possible to have a lengthy conversation about something and still fail to communicate.
Same words, different meaning/understanding.
I have seen it 5 times alreadyâŚ
Donât think itâs a problem. If it was a problem, I know now there is a solution for it. There is some manipulations to do and create a local network. But I donât need to do that.
I just wanted to know if itâs really possible, by curiosity. Nothing more.
By the way my internet is never down, itâs very strong ( 400 / 400).
No, disconnecting the LAN from the internet has no impact on the sound quality in my system.
Ok chaps, so then here comes another silly but serious question regarding WiFi.
Can/is WiFi also LAN based. I.e, is WIFi using the LAN? Is it a wireless Local Area Network as opposed to a wired Local Area Network? And, therefore has nothing to do with the internet.
Shameful I know, but I had to ask.
It is yes.
It would be good to read more about the strengths and weaknesses of the Core. Maybe start another separate LAN/WiFi/Internet thread for those who find it an engaging topic?
You only normally have one LAN. It doesnât matter if devices connect to it by cable or WiFi, itâs all the same LAN. If that wasnât the case, you wouldnât be able to use wireless devices such as iPhones to control wired devices such as the Core or Unitiserve.
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.