What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Heavy on fuel for sure but does a great job pulling the airstream. I wondered about the size being a deterrent. Would love a little sports car some day. When we married in 2008, my wife and I rented a Lotus Elise. That was fun!

1 Like

There’s a company that switches left to right hand drive here. Think Ford does them in the factory.

Look no further than a gen 2 Porsche Carrera 997.
Bought mine three years ago, a 2010 model.
Cost me nothing beyond servicing, and is now worth more than I paid for it despite daily use.

16 Likes

She looks wonderful @Mikee

Back when 911’s were understated and beautiful

I do like the 911, the older the better is my personal perspective. As a daily driver at the moment I need a decent sized boot, ground clearance and not low profile tyres. And slow to zero depreciation when the market normalises with low maintenance costs. I’m not as sensitive to fuel costs if I can limit the other two. When I originally posted the thought about having something classic as a daily, I was thinking older - 70s or 80s and maybe something like a W126 Mercedes S class or its predecessor. They were built to last at the time, would they still take the miles 30-40 years later I wonder? I hopped in my daily at 7 am and it’s now gone midnight the following day. I ve not been in it all that time but it will by 10 hours in total through foul weather, flood, narrow lanes, motorways, towns and villages and I’m still enjoying it!

2 Likes

MOT PASS : yesterday, and no advisories :smile: :+1:

<>

While anxiously waiting for the MOT result…
i paced about in their garage paddock and took a few snaps:

4 Likes

Memory Lane for some of these! I remember the 2200 straight six Princess (“cheese wedge”) back in the day. Roomy, spacious and quiet, rode like a limousine and had a 20ish mpg thirst.

3 Likes

MOT station or scrap yard?

1 Like

It’s a MOT station combined with a typical motor service garage, but what i like about the guys working in this place is their knowledge and enthusiasm for working on older cars.
Some of the cars maybe scrapped but many await a refurb.
Will be interesting to see what they do with the MGB GT.

Very friendly bunch too, the nice MOT tester kindly adjusted too may clicks out of my handbrake without so much of a quibble :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m hoping you are being tongue in cheek here…?:thinking:

1 Like

Interesting selection of old motors there, Debs. Your Celica looks very tidy too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

…and made you sick in the back as it bounced down the road. My Dad had a red one. He loved it, my brother and I didn’t!

1 Like

I recently posted a pic of this on here.This last one is of the Homura Platinum Quartz Metallic CX30,the same one I ordered yesterday.Going to take a long time to get it, about six months, sadly…

3 Likes

Ooops,SkyactivX.

Not new, the same old 911 993, air cooled magic, just given a good wash.

Although it does have a nice stereo, it’s superfluous as I have a full orchestra behind me.

22 Likes

And a nice ass :grin:

Picked up our new Touareg yesterday so far so good, lot of tech to get used.

15 Likes

Nice car Pete!:+1: Next week I’m picking up my new car…:rofl:

4 Likes

You’ll have to wait till those flood waters reced. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes