What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Gotta be both!!

Peter

1 Like

Most probably goggles, unfortunately!

Yesterday i’ve gone to Rimini swapping this

For this one

The DSG gearbox is very refined, smooth and fast either in drive or manual mode. 7speed gearing is very well judged you can go as low as 40/50 kmh in fifth or sixth. The six speed manual of the One was embarassingly long instead, approaching roundabouts, had to downshit in first sometimes not to shutting off the engine. Obviously the engine is much stronger and it seems keener to rev as well.
Then after i drove up to Maranello at Turn to get it ppf’ ed.
They were working on this stunning GT3

Plus a Ferrari F40 in unique Gulf blue livery and blue cloth interior which i was not allowed to photograph

10 Likes

Never-mind the car, that amazing wall finish that looks like it may work acoustically wonderful in ones audio room… (?)

1 Like

Hi Debs,

Huracan STO

Ferrari 296 GTB AF

Porsche GT4 PDK in the working bay

Finally mine at home
Uploading: 20221214_211013.jpg…

5 Likes

Ferrari 488 AF Corse Team world champion 2022, they already did the 499p hypecar and 296 GT3
Mine at home

4 Likes

I do find it quite sad that vehicles like this will be eol in ten years time :frowning: 130 years of some staggering cars coming to a close.

1 Like

Still usable, though, at least based on current regs and social norms. Just not available new, and I’m saddened by that too. I fear I may be a dinosaur though. I understand electric, but other than the Jag iPace, I’m just not ‘feeling it’.

My favourite motoring journalist is Mel Nichols and his book ‘And the revs keep rising’ is a compendium of the stories of his great drives, mostly from ‘Car’ Magazine in the 70s and 80s and often dealing with piloting a V12 or V8 engined exotic across a Europe where at that time there were no speed limits, or a 450 SEL 6.9 across the US, where there definitely were…I find his writing most engaging and of the current journalists, Andrew Frankel comes closest. Very much a personal thing however.

I recently was lucky enough to take a V12 GT over the Alps to Tuscany. It was an epic, but legal, drive and part of the reason for doing it was that while it’s been on the bucket list for years, if I leave it the risk is that it becomes unacceptable to do so (or I become to feeble to do it!).

2 Likes

rsch

Great shots. Thanks for sharing. I’ll take the Ferrari 296 GTB AF……………lovely!

Thank you, 296 is my ultimate dream, or Murray T33 perharps?

Really? I have to say it leaves me cold. Like many modern Ferrari I think it is trying a bit too hard, and the two-tone paint is horrible to my eyes!

The Lambo is also a bit much, but sort of their usual garish style somehow.

Each to his own.

Bruce

I’m admittedly an old fart but the Ferraris I have liked recently are third party concepts from Ares and Touring.

However I do also like the new “4-door Ferrari that isn’t an SUV” Otherwise I’m a fan of the back catalogue, typically the work of Leonardo Fioravanti at Pinninfarina.

6 Likes

My personal favourite and I nearly bought one in 1993, is a 1973 365 GTS. I really wanted that car, but ended up going to Kazakhstan for a year and never got around to buying one after that :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

For me it’s the 275 GTB quad cam/long nose and the 288 GTO.

9 Likes

Of the older models always liked the Dino as well.

Of the modern designs the F12 and derivatives.

Bruce

4 Likes

My son is an F12 fan, but I always thought it looked like a shoe🤷🏻‍♂️

The pale blue concept by Touring that I posted earlier is an F12 under the skin, but I do prefer Touring’s take on it. I’m also a Dino 246 fan, and apart from the classic styling, its sound is wonderful- you’d not guess V6 or 2.4 litres, it sounds like more.

An interesting picture you posted-other cars indoors AND a model Pullman train. Where is that?

1 Like

I’m with you on this. A friend of mine has 365 GTB/4 Daytona in red. He believes it’s the lowest mileage right hand drive in existence. It’s just wonderful. Here’s a couple of images, there is a white 599 GTO in the background.

11 Likes

It’s a tough decision but I think the 288 GTO is my ultimate Ferrari.

2 Likes

One of the few cars I fell for as soon as it came out and on which I’d change nothing.

1 Like