What are you driving and why would we be interested?

6 weeks in and its just gets better kind of like a new system …

11 Likes

The thinking man’s hatchback. Nice colour too. :grin:

2 Likes

If it’s not dirty, you don’t need one!:rofl:

1 Like

It’s not a case of need it’s a case of practicality. Great vision easy to park cheap to run and all wheel drive. Also great to take shopping as it just turns into your very own driveway trolley (and fits into tight spots without getting your doors banged by others). It’s a great 2nd car.

2 Likes

Unlucky, the Mercedes GLA is possibly the worst car I have ever driven, I would fancy it even less on those tyres :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That’s it a 4x4 shopping trolley they do everything and put a smile on your face … haven’t driven my defender since I collected it.

Exactly we love ours and I do take it off road a lot. However it’s not as much fun on an expressway at 100+ kms.

2 Likes

I’m investigating our next car and, due to where the new house is, we’re thinking of something that’s more 4x4 orientated (heck I’m thinking of times where we might need 4x4 to even get up the unmade track driveway). The Jimny was very high up my list of choices BUT we also do a lot of miles thundering up and down the A1 (where our current 4x4 Audi A4 does an effortless 50mpg at c. 80mph) and the Jimny would be rubbish at that: relatively poor mpg and no good at 80mph cruising. I am wondering if you have to have two cars :frowning:

We sure do Mrs Pete has a 3lt WV Touareg. I love the Jimny but I certainly wouldn’t have it if it was my only car.

1 Like

More generally my favourite Mercs for build quality are pre 1996. I don’t think that’s just a MB issue though.

If you like the Audi in all other respects, is there a tyre choice that might also cope with the tracks? I’m also up an unmade track. Most mainstream cars will come up and down provided they crawl along, unless it is snowy/icy.

I’ve just, this pm, got a set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 put on all all four corners. I did a lot of online research and they came out well. £768 for 4!! Only done 5 miles, so far, driving home from Beverley so a little early to say. :wink:

1 Like

How about a Macan? Ticks most of your boxes in 2.0l format?

Abosolutely not ! I already have a Polo and eventually Mini Cooper S for daily duties. Perhaps for someone only looking for a car moving A to B. I’m looking for a real sports car and besides all i hate SUVs.

3 Likes

We’ve had the VW Touareg for 3 months now and already clocked up 6,500 kms. Mrs Pete is very impressed and even thinks it’s better than her Merc.

My little Jimny just over a year old and showing no signs of any problems. She gets a bit of hard time serving as our run a round town as well as some serious 4x4 driving.

10 Likes

Picked my new Porsche Macan GTS up yesterday (third consecutive one). I traded in my June 2021 GTS and got £64k for it (matching WBAC price). I’d paid £69k on the road. So 90% return. Cash deal.

Even allowing for the supply chain issues resulting in long lead times that’s a crazy deal! The previous car deal was almost as good. I tell friends that there is only one “hit” with Porsche ownership (if you like the car of course) and that’s the first purchase. Once we are on board as it were , with residuals factored in, it costs less to own one like mine than a 3 series BMW.

17 Likes

Great looking car :+1:

1 Like

Only kept the last one for 18 months. Had it got dirty? :smiley:

I think if I was in the market for a car from that segment, with an ICE and the utility to carry bikes and boats etc the Macan would probably be my pick. They look much better proportioned than the Cayenne and its variants etc.

Bruce

1 Like

How your Kia going?

If you haven’t seen it, Quest (TV) are airing Fifth Gear Recharged (may be repeats?).

Yesterday, they had a Panamera and Taycan doing the 0-100 to a stop gig — let’s just say it looked like VBH had her internal organs rearranged by the Taycan !

1 Like