What are you driving and why would we be interested?

I went into the dealers to enquire about the Macan Electric. They told me there’s a two year wait list. Also two years for the combustion but he wanted my car
so he guaranteed to bump me up the queue. Seven months later…

Really impressed so far. I have had a series of Volvo estates before and I did not expect the Kia to be quite as solid feeling and comfortable but it is every bit as good, and the build quality is pretty close. The technology is generally very effective; I have ended up switching off far less of the safety and driver assistance than I thought I would. The electric range is about what I thought it would be in these cold days and when you can access a truly fast charger (350kW) it just gobbles power. All good stuff so far.

Bruce

2 Likes

What sort of range are you getting

In current freezing temperatures about 240-250miles. I expect 280-300 fairly easily in warmer times. Those sort of figures fit with what we get with the i3 compared to the manufacturer stats. Both of our EVs have heat pumps. In terms of efficiency I get from 3 to about 3.4 miles per Kwhr at present in the cold without an especially heavy right foot.

Bruce

Is that miles or kilometres

Miles, have edited the post

1 Like

Very nice - What colour ?

1 Like

Thank you James. Dolomite Silver

1 Like

Ah…lovely. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Cohen1263
That is an amazing deal you have managed to strike - congratulations!!
A word of caution though. We have come through extraordinary times in recent years. With the troubles in Ukraine, the weird transition from ICE to BEV tech, etc., we remain in these unpredictable conditions and retained values may continue to outperform expectations - in a sense long may it continue!
But at some point, I suspect sooner than later, with the change in general economic circumstances and the promise of solid state batteries circa 2028, the retained values will return to their historic norms which will be very different to your recent experience.

Peter

1 Like

Thanks Peter although “caution” ? :thinking: The “norm” will still be fine as it was with my two previous Macans bought and sold pre pandemic.

1 Like

That’s very good - my wife’s Volvo c40 is something of a disappointment - same size battery as the ev6 but range in summer is only 230-240 and currently 180 at best and with lots of short trips down at 130-140. Thought it might be the lack of a heat pump, but I think it has one (current spec is has one but not sure about ours as it was made a year ago)

Was sitting on Tuesday at a set of traffic lights with a bunch of taxi’s on the school run……it was minus 4. Wondered how these taxi guys will cope in the future of EV….buy a late petrol or diesel and run-it into the ground?

The Volvo EVs are very inefficient. They seem to have large batteries but short ranges. I suspect that the power electronics and electric motors are behind the times.

The Kia EV6 is a whole generation ahead in this regard.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

These are the typical death-trap tyres I’ve been going on about. Most cars have them and I find it unbelievable. No doubt quite a few forum people here will or would have read about them on this forum alone, see their identical tyres and do absolutely nothing about it. You will aquaplane on them, it’s just a matter of when.

Luckily I’ve returned it and got my own car back. As for aquaplaning, absolutely. I could feel it. I made sure the garage was aware.

1 Like

Seeing as you asked, my summer sunny days baby!

7 Likes

You hardly ever see these nowadays. I was at the National Classic Car Show in November - don’t think I even saw one there. Do you take it places like Goodwood?

It hasn’t been to a lot of shows in recent years due to some work that was needed but most of that has been completed now. Just a few more things to do. It’s roadworthy and has a current MOT though. I actually enjoy driving it around much more than sitting in a field all day to be honest so I will take it to some shows but probably not very many. Cars are meant the driven etc etc…ha ha!

I’ve had it since 2006 and I’m only the second owner. The previous guy, a retired gentleman, bought it in 1986 and kept it in daily use in London. He even drove it to Arnhem once a year. So it’s an interesting original and well used car.

1 Like