What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Can see why they call it the ‘baby G’.

IMG_0973

2 Likes

My Jimny is going to be a G Wagon when it grows up. :grin:

3 Likes

Classic

21 Likes

My neighbour has one of these - I think its the only one I have ever seen in Sydney- and his is immaculate .
Why cant we have new cars styled as the older classics

3 Likes

Gorgeous car.

3 Likes

Assuming your question wasn’t rhetorical then it is safety regulations; for both occupants and pedestrians.

Lol. I figure if I get hit by one of these, it’s still going to hurt.

3 Likes

I’ve just ordered one of these myself, Advance model in blue, due in September. I was very impressed with it on a long test drive.

1 Like

Yes but the plastic and crumple zones help. :slightly_smiling_face:
The manufacturer has to put the logo on in a large size to distinguish if from other vehicles that look almost identical. Without that logo I’d have no idea what it was.

Wow that is a stunning little car. Bet it’s fun to drive!

1 Like

My brother-in-law had one of these in the “Tonka Toy” yellow. Looked brilliant and he sold it for more s/h than he paid for it new! Yours still looks great after 2 year - its a keeper for sure (well it would be for me at least!)

1 Like

Beautiful Car. :heart_eyes:
So nearly bought one half a dozen times. Most recently just 18 months ago.

1 Like

Sure is - one of thee most iconic car designs ever in my opinion. The sporty version with the Maserati engine was a bit ‘lively’!

Peter

4 Likes

IMG_6885

A fantastic car, far ahead of its time. Much better and much more reliable than its reputation. Always reminds me of Louis de Funès. In the meantime, it has also become expensive; around 20 years ago, you could get a DS 21 for 15,000 euros in good condition. Today you don’t even get an ID 19 for this money.

1 Like

It’s got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. It’s got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It’s a model made before catalytic converters, so it’ll run good on regular gas. What do you say?

9 Likes

I’d say it’d still go around corners like a bag of beans. Good in a straight line though. :grin:

3 Likes

Cigarette lighter doesn’t work!

5 Likes

Is the mpg in double figures?

Aerodynamic, smooth riding, comfortable, headlamps that turned with the steering and unbelievable styling for its day. The fact that it has a cult following today speaks volumes but on this fathers’ day, what I remember is that my late father, an engineer, had no time for any cars you’d see back in the 70s, except this one.

1 Like

I don’t think you want to know… :grimacing:

1 Like