What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Do you live in the U.S.?

I only ask because you have U.S. made speakers and an AV options upgrade.

Yessir! I’ve been here since '96 and used to get pitying looks from dealers about my 18watt NAIT2 - what did they know!

Brilliant idea to take a portable chunk of Naim in your backpack.

And combine with the best of US audio know how.

Do you know whether there’s a UK Spatial community or network of users?

There’s a fairly active Spatial community on Audiocircle which is, unsurprisingly pretty US centric. That would be the place to start.

Clayton Shaw, the founder of Spatial, suffered a series of health problems last year that pretty much had everything shut down for a while. Business restarted this year and they have a replacement for the M series coming up soon that Clayton did most of the design work on. Clayton has subsequently sold Spatial, no doubt mindful of the health issues he suffered, but the rest of the team is still in place.

1 Like

Thanks - that’s very useful.

Clayton is amazing.

I hope he has got through his health problems.

1 Like

I owned the Mondeo V6 ST220 the Mk2 and Mk3 Focus RS and the RS500 Focus. The Mk3 RS also had a LSD. All amazing handling cars. Miss them all.

RS500 getting expensive now.

Yeah I had mk2 focus ST and miss it greatly…, but not the running costs

One of the most underated cars the Mondeo v6. Quick and comfortable inside.

1 Like

When I was younger, if I’d hankered for a 2 cylinder Kawasaki, I’d have wanted it in green….

Still, these days this is more use to me. Nice engine too!

4 Likes

A very sweet 90 years old lady is still driving a gorgeous rare (V 5 engine) 1992 Acura Vigor with a manual transmission. We met at a supermarket parking lot and had a long cars conversation.

19 Likes

I was not exactly in the mood today to spend half a day detailing the 19 years old Acura RSX but they are predicting snow on Tuesday so better be prepared.

16 Likes

It looks in great condition for 19 years old.

3 Likes

Probably because it gets detailed (unlike my cars!).

1 Like

Looks like it has better paint than my mk9 civic where the paint is flaking off on the windscreen pillars

Brilliant, she’s going strong and looking good. Can’t recall when you first posted a picture but seems like ages. Still looks brand new……………………unfortunately, I don’t!

1 Like

So I FINALLY picked up my new BMW Z4 this evening and very nice it is too.
2 and a half months late, but lovely all the same😊

21 Likes

Looking great @Haim, lovely job. I must fess up to a bit of detailing on the cars too and follow a few detailers channels on the tube. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Very nice.
It’s been a while but I had the precursor Z4M back in 2006. Second one in the country. It would have been the first as a pre order but I wanted a lighter roof lining than was then available so had to wait for the Americans to strip one out of a non M and transfer to mine on build. Loved it.

2 Likes

Well, my ‘office’ started to cost too much to repair, and having decided that the current project will be my last big one before slowing down, a ‘new’ car was sanctioned.
Did contemplate fully electric for a while, but I’m still not sure that a) the infrastructure is in place (UK), b) heard reports that there are issues with value not being that good later on in life, c) I feel battery technology will change over next few years. But, hey what do I know.

Anyhoo! Living on a hill above the snow line, having horses and needing to carry 2-3 saddles, am a dressage judge and Eventing fence judge AWD was essential.

The XC40 did catch our eye, however during a visit to the local Volvo dealership and a discussion about needs for what the car should do, test drive etc led to this arriving a few days ago and so far we love it. (It give the Subaru BRZ a run for its money😀).

XC60 T6 Recharge Plus Dark.

(BRZ in background)

16 Likes