What are you driving and why would we be interested?

A Ducati will be an art piece in your living room if you go that route. :smiley:

Rolled my Bugatti this morning

5 Likes

Hate when that happens!

4 Likes

Another MX-5 fan here. Having had over the years a few TVR’s and an S2000, I’m a bit a bit older now and find the Mazda a great car.

You obviously need to put up with the occasional bit of abuse :joy:

IMG_0069

13 Likes

I had one in 1991 for a few months. Never understood the hairdresser nonsense - spouted by idiots who didn’t understand a proper car :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Certainly looks cleaner than mine at the moment. Need to get the bucket out!

1 Like

A lovely car. I prefer the older design like yours. Rumor of a new model is out there. Hopefully, closer in design spirit to yours

1 Like

With everything that’s going on I’ve decided that I might get rid of the VW Touareg and get this.

2023 BMW X1 xDrive20i M Sport U11 Auto AWD, does anyone have any experience with the X1. We drove it on Friday and were both impressed.

3 Likes

Not happy with the VW or fancy a change?

Couple of reasons, the Touareg is huge. I never realised how big it is until we picked it up. The other reason is I’m thinking of selling my Jimny as well I can get more than what I paid for it right now and I know once stock has caught up that’ll change. Going to one smaller car just makes sense financially and it’s easier for Mrs Pete to drive/park. The X1 is a beautiful car to drive and it looks a hell of a lot better than the original X1.

The Touareg is a fantastic car but it’s like a big comfortable lounge room.

Haven’t made my mind up and probably won’t till tomorrow night after talking to my accountant.

1 Like

We ordered a new X1 in Feb last year with a suggested delivery date in July. In November they still couldn’t tell us when it would be built and then proceeded to tell us we couldn’t have the spec / trim we’d ordered. Gave up and we’re now in a Volvo XC40.

2 Likes

We’ve decided not to go ahead with X1, we’ll reconsider in a few months.

1 Like

One of the best cars I’ve owned. It was also relatively cheap to run.
I should have replaced it with the same. The new Honda Civic is a brilliant car but it’s too low for somebody in their 70s!:smile:

1 Like

Hi John, I was totally surprised by how well it drove mind you it was the M Sport. I was also surprised by the amount of space especially the boat (trunk). However we won’t be going ahead with it, our Touraeg is only 15 months old and I’d lose too much money at this stage on a trade.

Be more than happy to revisit this time next year.

Since you have changed your mind is it ok to say I think it looks horrible?

Incoherent and over-designed. Looks simultaneously cheap and show-off expensive.

Might be fractionally better in another colour (or perhaps invisibility paint).

I will stand back and take the flak from those who vehemently disagree!

Bruce

I kind of agree on the bulky look of the thing, but in the other hand my experience with BMW ‘s as a workhorse since 1988 is that it will outperform its looks.

No you’re entitled to your opinion, I wasn’t much of a fan until I saw the one above either. Think the original was possibly the worse BMW made.

Think they definitely look better in the flesh.

I’m with you on that, BMW seem to have lost all that design flair they once had.
Remove the grille and it could be anything. Applies to all thier models sadly.
Never a huge fan but some models did exude style

Funny you have a Toureg. I traded mine in for an X1. I loved the Toureg but moved to a rural area with single track roads and it was too big.
The X1 handled better, I enjoyed driving it and never regretted the change. The X1 also held its value better, partly due to the pandemic restricting new vehicle supply. The other thing in the UK was parking spaces are not designed for large SUVs.

1 Like

Given the recent love for BMW expressed on this thread :slight_smile: . Is it a good time to say I just took delivery of my new BMW?

My Model 3 Tesla has gone back at the end of its lease. Hateful thing. I know plenty of people had a good experience of Tesla. But they do seem to have some sample variation. On average over three years it was having to go back to get work done roughly every 2 months. Paintwork imperfections, interior faults, suspension issues etc etc. The refinement took a considerable turn for the worse when the tyres were replaced. When new the cruise control was good, but at the end of the lease after multiple software changes I found it simply unworkable.

Ive replaced it with a BMW i4 edrive40, which I am liking a lot. As a bonus it was considerably cheaper on our company salary sacrifice scheme than replacing it with another tesla. Its already doing better than Tesla as it was faultless on delivery (unlike the model 3).

4 Likes