What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Our trusty Ford Puma went back home to Dagenham. The Puma got us through some awful flooding in Debenham October 2023……over the bonnet🥺
Picked up this Kuga plug in hybrid……no charge in the battery, but still got 65mpg on our journey home. 6 hours later now charged from a domestic socket.
Trying to get my family acclimatised to the new reality, gently?

4 Likes

Thank you for the prompt reply, I’m impressed and may have seen your handiwork out n about at shows.

1 Like

Quite possibly, I have exhibited widely. If they layout ran diesels and freight and the operator had long hair and a band T shirt, it may well have been me! :grin:

steve

1 Like

Now you have got me thinking…….any chance of a layout name ? Thanks again.

Nothing exciting here. After 3 years running an Outlander hybrid, we’ve gone back to petrol. Without the ability to charge at home we decided it wasn’t really working for us, so since the weekend it’s this.

G

3 Likes

A few:

Heavy Traffic
Duncan’s Mine (US)
Catte Lane
Rectory Farm Sidings
Diversion
Starker Verkher
Black Rock, Buffalo (US)

Any ring a bell?

steve

1 Like

Impressed, I have seen you, out n about at shows with Rectory Farm Sidings , Diversion and Duncan Mine, even more impressed with the Magazine articles :+1:

2 Likes

The Acura RSX is entering its 20th year with 169,000 miles on the odometer and the original clutch as well as muffler still in tact. Change of engine oil and filter which cost $19.95 in 2005 is $100.00 today. The current new slightly larger model (INTEGRA) with a manual transmission is twice the price of the RSX, another reason to hold on to the exceptional oldie.

13 Likes

169k on a clutch is impressive, great to see older high mileage cars still going and been looked after

2 Likes

That looks in lovely condition :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!

Say hello next time. :wink:

steve

1 Like

I certainly will! :+1:

1 Like

Minor thread diversion from today’s Times.

Mid-engined IIRC.

Loved my rather more modest 205, a 1.4 XS.

(And now back to the thread).

8 Likes

Nearly £1/4 million!

1 Like

Have a look on Harry’s Garage YouTube channel - his latest edition covers much of the vehicles in this auction, the pinnacle of which is this very car! Very interesting collection of cars for auction it is too!

Peter

2 Likes

Have to say this interests me, the INEOS Fusilier EV 4x4. Trouble is it’s not due till 2027. There’s also a hybrid version that only uses the ice to power the batteries.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bother waiting, the current Ineos is a piece of crap!

Gosh……bet that will be bloody expensive, but looks the part……the old trusty defender.
We are enjoying the Ford Kuga plug in hybrid……getting 43 miles EV on an overnight charge for about £1.

Seen a few of the Grenadiers in town recently they seem ok to me, haven’t noticed one parked on the side of the road with its bonnet up.

Also the only criticism I’ve read so far is something about the peddles not being placed correctly.

1 Like

I heard different things about some hybrids, often you only get about 50ks out of the batteries and fuel economy isn’t that great. Good to hear that’s not what you’re experiencing.