What are you driving and why would we be interested?

We have done 700 miles, including the charging……its 78 mpg.

2 Likes

Many more things than that - the appalling economy (or lack thereof), the hideous dashboard (I always think 80s Aiwa stereo when I see it). And worst of all the terrible steering which has made at least one tester (Harry Metcalfe) describe it as positively dangerous on the road (I may be paraphrasing there)

I am conflicted by them - I love the idea of a vehicle built for durability with function over form. But mpg in the mid 20s if lucky on the diesel, dreadful driving dynamics

An electric one might be great but as it’s expected to be heavier than the Grenadier (which is already extremely heavy) and the shape is rather wind resistant so I cannot see it managing more than 2 miles per kWh on a good day, which means its range will be awful

I’d rather have a Defender :joy:

1 Like

Truth is I probably won’t be purchasing either. I have heard (which I’d forgotten to mention) the steering issue as it was mentioned in conjunction with the pedal placement problem.

Interestingly a friend just bought a new Defender paid a fortune for it, it’s 2 weeks old and already has problems mostly around quality. It’s no wonder that outside of our larger cities folk wouldn’t buy anything other than a Toyota Land Cruiser.

1 Like

Our Sahara trip while we were in Tunisia were all Land Cruisers. No breakdowns occurred despite them being battered to buggery :grinning:

1 Like

That’s the reason why Toyota spend a lot of time and money developing them here. They may not be the prettiest or have the most up to date dash layouts but they start every day.

2 Likes

Apparently the electric one is going to have rack and pinion steering instead of recirculating ball (as the grenadier has) to make it better on road

I do like that no nonsense look of them but I do have a Suzuki Jimny. :grin:

It kind of looks like it’s big brother.

1 Like

Done masses of game drives in Africa in both Defenders and Land Cruisers, the feedback is that the Defenders are more capable and comfortable whilst the Land Cruiser is much more reliable .

1 Like

Having travelled in both on the road and off road I’d have to agree. The old Cruiser is a bit of a bone crusher but it just gets you there without any trouble.

2 Likes

Unless you get caught between Abraham Lincoln and Rommel . These were two African Bull Elephants in Samburu National Park . (The names are from Save The Elephants - who name bulls of a certain maturity)

Nobody was killed

2 Likes

And I bet you could still drive it.

3 Likes

Duncan’s Mine 2 will be at Mansfield exhibition this Saturday (only).

steve :wink:

1 Like

But like the old TG one which they tried to kill but couldn’t.

Thanks for the heads up :+1:t2:

1 Like

I actually thought it was the TG ute when I first saw the photo.

4 Likes

And it is? Thanks

Maybe a Toyota Yaris Cross…?

You may well be right. I know it’s not a Porsche, Ferrari or Aston Martin!

1 Like

Needs lowering springs. :thinking:

1 Like