What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Golden days of motoring! Back then, I could only afford a 1.3 liter Vauxhall Chevette. It was awful :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I hd two Atra GTE mk2, the first one stolen ( very popular in the day). With the coming of our first children the second one was replaced with a Belmont. Strangely no one ever offered to nick that. :rofl:

The company had a couple of those we called them Shovette’s, bloody awful things.

It was very nice to be able to drive the directors cars and as the company got bigger these started to include SAAB turbo"s, BMWs,Mercedes, Volvo"s and Range Rovers etc etc.

1 Like

Don’t feel too bad about the Chevette, it was very cool with a larger engine etc. I remember Jimmy McRae driving one in the RAC rally.

1 Like

Fantastic! Even Better in the flash

1 Like

Very nice A7; colour, engine, drivetrain?

@Andyblain - nice car, and very impressed with the plate. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @MDS

My gardener GLE coup. C63 AMG with the monstrous V8. Supercar performance & fuel economy. A temporary solution on loan before the Macan GTS arrival

11 Likes

Our new Daily driver arriving next month
I’ m very pleased with BMW for the service package they offer, covering 5 years/ 100k km. Also great options like upgraded M Sport aluminium brake calipers, are very affordable at 620 euro, where greeedy Porsche Is asking 800+ euro for a change of colour

5 Likes

Thanks, dark navy blue, black interior with grey wood grain in the interior.
340hp supercharged v6 , 8 spd auto. Had it for 5 years now and not tempted to change.

My first two cars…The Ascona was a 2.0 S. Couldn’t manage the insurance on a GT/E, so had to settle for a 1.8 Manta. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Every year at the National Classic Car show I look out for the Ascona 400 and Manta 400. I remember the launch in Autocar back in the day but hadn’t seen one ever until the NCCs a few years back. The idea of a torquey 2.4 always appealed!

1 Like

And a glorious sound-track.

Learned to drive in one like this

3 Likes

What is it?

Early 70’s Ford Maverick. Lousy brakes, sloppy steering, difficult view out back, slow.

1 Like

I learnt to drive in a 1960s Holden FB similar to this, they were pretty tough.

8 Likes

Is that really 1960s? It looked like a Ford Fairlane from the mid fifties when I was a child in America. Presumably Holdens were Fords. Here’s a photo of the Ford from 1955.

3 Likes

Lol, a whole lot more interesting than my first road drive.

IMG_1564

Newly picked up by my driving instructor in the college car park, told me to get in ( I’d never driven on the road), got me to drive to the end of the car park and said carry on to the road. I think I found most of the gears. :rofl:

To be fair I did have one of these at home to carry on practising in.

3 Likes