What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Nice !!

1 Like

oohh nice - which part of the toon will I see this beauty driving around…

1 Like

Why didn’t you go for a custom black & white paint job?

Like the plate. Mine ends NCF.

1 Like

@bhoyo would look good in that. Wouldn’t catch me dead in it!
Enjoy your purchase though :wink:

1 Like

Around the Chester le Street area. But could be anywhere! I’ve had that number plate since 1996 and have nearly always had it on black cars.

Anyway, I fancied a change, and whilst I know it will polarise opinions, I like it and it is certainly a change! :black_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

They’ve changed a fair bit since the original.

2 Likes

I approve although I myself wouldn’t have the balls to buy one now that they are outaccelerated and silenced by the Audi e-tron models :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Just needs some white hoops and we’re good to go.

2 Likes

I think the RS E-tron GT is probably the only quicker one. Frighteningly fast, in fact.

But it will cost £120,000, weighs 2.4 tonnes and is 5 metres long. I know one day, I may be forced into buying electrical appliances, but for now I’ll stick with cars :+1:

3 Likes

Have you driven an electrical appliance? I have had several RS 3 and can’t help but love your choice of vehicle, but these days I drive my Q4 Sportback e-tron in efficiency mode and it still presses me into the headrest at quarter throttle.

2 Likes

The whole electric thing probably needs a separate thread William. For me, I’ve not considered them at all as I feel there are just currently too many obstacles.

3 Likes

I’m sticking w/this

10 Likes

Nice car, you’re not likely to lose in the supermarket car park. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks Pete. Hope you’re doing okay. :+1:

1 Like

:+1:

I love the colour, in the late 70’s I had an Opel Ascona which was a similar hue. As PtheP said, you won’t loose it in a car park!
The best bit though is that it’s PETROL. Electric appliances are stilll not on my radar screen (yet!)
Enjoy👍

2 Likes

the 2023er GLC
as 400e Plug in Hybrid
AMG Line

9 Likes

I’m of an age to remember the Opel Ascona! That and the Manta were much sought after at the time. Brilliant!

6 Likes

When I came home having passed my Driving Test (with lessons) my Dad handed me the keys to his champagne gold Manta fastback. I was terrified, and I suspect so was he. The only time may Dad bought a remotely cool car, but credit to him for letting me use it occasionally for a year. I even took it to school during 6th Form!

Photo from the 'web.

Bruce

11 Likes

Andy, I started working for a Builders Merchant in 1980 maintaining the company fleet of cars and light vans most of the cars were Opel Ascona’s mainly 1.6 litre but they did have a few 2.0 litre models some senior staff had the Opel Record.

The MD had several Vauxhall Royale/Senators over the years including a 24v model the Chairman had a 3.0 Opel Monza superb cars indeed.

I did purchase for myself a Astra GTE in 1983 and then a 2.0 Opel Manta GTE hatchback which I fitted a Bilstien Sport suspension kit this thing went round bends as if it was on rails.

Sadly the Manta was sold the money used as a morgage deposit.