What are you driving and why would we be interested?

b88203c4-0aae-4b14-8f71-b7977d512fb2_c80e1a65-c8fc-48ea-9ab0-dc7dcee25c21
I Just came across this beauty on sale for the price of a 555 PS. If It was not for the lack of space and the arrival of the new 118, for nostalgia sake, i’ d really like to have one. When i was a boy, series 3s and 5s were my favorite cars in the 70/80s This one especially Is a ’ 76, with rare 4 pot fuel injection with original black italian plates

11 Likes

b88203c4-0aae-4b14-8f71-b7977d512fb2_2be52945-0b55-40f2-b757-81c4df523d6a
The series 1 with smaller rear light cluster Is the cleaner looking of this series

7 Likes

Not my daily drive - but great to just get away with the dog for a weekend or a few days during the week. Just back from the Yorkshire Dales washed and ready to go again.

20 Likes

A good drive out in Kermit today. What an engine!

14 Likes

Lovely but it always a good idea to cover your plate in case of cloning as someone mentioned previously. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I bet It’ s even faster on straight line than a GT3 perhaps

Not sure about that but it is VERY quick. It always feels stable with the excellent 4WD system and is a great practical daily use car.

With some welcome respite from the incessant rain of late, I thought it might be time to awaken the little blue car from its winter hibernation in the garage. Very dusty indeed, so could do with a good clean.,

26 Likes

Wooooow

1 Like

Mine still in hybernation :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Nice, 2.7?

Yes, a 2001 2.7.

2 Likes

One of those was the first Porsche I owned. I didn’t use it enough and the brake discs kept sticking on. It was a great drive. I couldn’t really afford it at the time but felt like a million dollars when I drove it…

3 Likes

It seems they are creeping in value today

2 Likes

Last week, we said adieu at our daily Polo workhorse, It had 156k kms on the clock (nearly 100k Miles) The car in eight years, has been extremely reliable and frugal. Only a set of disc and pads, regular oil change & filters + a throttle body failure. However i’ ll see It again every now and then since It now belongs to our friend & fellow member Max B.

5 Likes

We took the Bimmer to the Alps last week - first serious run since I bought it. What a great car this is! 2016 X3 F25 xdrive 35i - straight six, gorgeous sound, very comfortable and with 111.000 km it still has a few years left in it.

6 Likes

Holdens were part of GM.

In the UK, it was the Vauxhall Cresta PA, 1957-1962.

Courtesy of ClassicsWorld

DG…

13 Likes

Parked in Milan this morning, please note the sticker on the tailgate

13 Likes

The parking sensors have been on the blink on the dog wagon for a couple of months. I’ve been waiting for a guaranteed dry day to tackle the job. Today was that day and it took way longer than I estimated. I started the job at 2 and only finished at 7 - admittedly I spent some of the time on my phone moderating this place and also had to feed Louby Lou as well. Anyway, faulty parking sensor identified and a replacement fitted. Fault code cleared and all working well again. I’ll ignore all the other fault codes for now… :wink:

12 Likes

A guy i know had a parking sensor taken out on the front bumper by a stone chip on his new BMW. It apparently disabled all of them including the reversing camera……he reversed in to a customers car thinking they were working🥺

1 Like