What are you driving and why would we be interested?

A 993 and a 992 simply offer rather different driving experiences, especially if the former is a manual and the latter a PDK. Each of them highly enjoyable though…

1 Like

Enjoy it, Roberto. I’m sure you’re going to have fun with it. :sunglasses:

On the verge of selling mine unfortunately and sometimes I forget how good it is specially when selecting Sport Mode and hitting the accelerator. 0-60 in 5.6s and top speed limited to (gentleman’s agreement - google it) to 155mph. No slouch and not bad for a car that weighs nearly 2 tons.

8 Likes

They are good but big, are you downsizing

That’s the main reason, Pete. I’m currently trying to sell it instead of doing part exchange as the dealers offers are just ridiculous. I am looking for a medium sized SUV to replace it. Might go back to a Merc as I had them before or even considering Range Rover. Not in a hurry though.

New GLC isn’t bad and I’m glad to hear that you guys suffer just as much as we do come trade in. I had a guy look at our Touareg last month it’s less than 2 years old and they offered less than half its cost. That was trading in on a BMW. Thief’s.

1 Like

The current new and used car market is so unpredictable it’s difficult to understand what a good/bad deal is.

Thank you, actually this Is only a 118i, a bigger car with smaller engine than my 3 door Cooper S. Since It’ s our daily river, we have gone with this for better fuel economy. Btw i’m really gladto have a BMW again, since one of the first cars i’ ve driven in the early 80s was my family 318i E21

2 Likes

540i ?

That is just gorgeous!

1 Like

During my last visit at BMW dealer in Rimini, they had this gorgeous pre owned M3 Comp. I really love that flared arches and its rear end. Also there, the new X2, Suvs not my cup of tea generally, but i reckon this Is pretty nice, i really like the blue headlights details, once reserved for laser beam spec.
Overall i like the new Mini, It’ s a pity they ruined the interior having ditched every physical control.

2 Likes

That coupé post-dated the Capri, I think(?) I did lust after the Audi Quattro, but for its performance/handling not looks, which I felt weren’t a patch on the 100S. I didn’t find the plain coupé version of interest. Next Audis of nice appearance for me were second gen A6, TT, and later A5. (And if course R8.) I succumbed to the TT (mk1) a few years ago, and currently have the mk 2 - both in quattro iteration of course!

reminds me of mauviel cookware :wink:, but looks real good!

1 Like

Just hope it’s as durable!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you sir

Our eldest son just sold his M3 while he loved it he found it just a little too manic for every day driving. Biggest problem was the low front end and car parks, over a year he’s spent around $10k fixing minor damage. Also the insurance was extremely expensive.

Was It a G20 ? I have this problem with the 718 Spyder which Is nearly impossible to park in underway garages or roads with high gradient ramps, only for the RS version is available a front axle lift

I’m sorry, but I do not quite follow… You seem to be responding to a post of mine which in your response seems to be reduced to a single letter, but which in its original form does not seem to have a bearing to your response?

It’ s model the designation G20 series 3 which replaces the 2012-2019 F30 . Didn’t you know?

Couldn’t agree more, I have a very basic Suzuki, what to me is now a great advantage is it’s very simplicity, the only thing I miss is climate control over air conditioning

I also remember the M25 in a heatwave in my Mondeo without any form of aircon

1 Like