What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Happy 60th, nice present. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Pete but it was actually 3 years since I turned 60, so it took a while before I got to use the nice gift from my beloved wife. The track drive is only organized two days a year at a track fairly close to us and the first year the brakes broke on the car so then there was no run that year and last year it rained on the day I was booked so then there was no run that year either… But now, the third time it finally happened! The one who waits for something good…:grin:

3 Likes

Well happy 63rd. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Pete :grin::+1:

1 Like

BF, it’s an old E91.

13 Likes

Nice car and very Nice colour!
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Bad luck Richard.

I managed to trash two tyres and required tracking twice over two days! It’ll be really interesting to see if the pot holes ‘up and down the country’, to coin the oft used politician’s phrase, are EVER fixed :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!

I thought of starting a pot holes thread…… and then thought better of it :innocent:.

ATB, J

2 Likes

I thought the Surrey roads were bad for Potholes, but the roads around East Sussex / Kent on a recent holiday were something else entirely.

I’m glad we took Mrs_n’s car.

1 Like

What roads in Kent they are all one big pot hole. I see the council in my area of Kent is doing pothole blitz(s).

My Audi Avant Sport with low profile tyres is a nightmare to drive in Kent.

2 Likes

I think it was the M18 east of Donny we were on a couple of weeks ago and we were having to drive round the holes in the road. On a motorway!

1 Like

It’s quite shocking really how bad the roads are. I feel for the folks on two wheels who hit some of these.

…we might ask if you had picked up and been overloaded with pre-prototype 5 series kit from hq for appraisal - no doubt you couldn’t possible comment !
Bad luck on taking an unwelcome hit on the wheels.
Horse and cart locally perhaps, as dog transport?

1 Like

Two cars in garage here, one older VAG rotary and switches - radio change in one, if already listening and a change via preset. Touch screen in the other, needs several operations for same change. All sorts of real quirky and unnecessary pop ups and if radio off - screen displays pop up with RT broadcast in progress - but it can’t be accessed!

If the trade press set down a gauntlet to the head of each manufacturers head of interior and similarly IT, plus a pnel of drivers, asked them to perform a series of operations, first in a car they knew and in just one they didn’t.

Simple sequence, radio, heaters et al - one proviso.
Each operation had to be done repeatedly and blindfolded - which is the nearest to doing any op at night.

Very swiftly, after being videoed the manufacturers would simplify all the screen gizmo nonsense.
It all looks great in the showroom - same applies to large wheels, which we all know destroy ride quality.

4 Likes

Sadly all manufacturers seem to be rushing to touch screen controls. I suspect the reason is because it’s cheaper for them. My BMW 128ti has proper controls with switches and buttons, but the new 1 Series coming later this year has the dreaded touch screen system. If anything goes wrong I expect the manufacturer would have to replace the whole system with its no doubt staggering cost to the owner, rather than a faulty switch. Car safety grading should take account of the retrograde step in the name of “progress”.

3 Likes

Euro nCap are on the case, i expect safety ratings to fall in the future if too many functions are on a distracting screen.

2 Likes

I briefly had the use of a SEAT as a courtesy car.

When I got in it to drive home, the heater temperature had been set at 29c. I had to drive home with the window down. In early January. I could not work out all the touch screen nonsense whilst on the move.

Compare and contrast with the utter simplicity of my 2014 7-series…

Our VW has hot keys (still in the screen) that always visible which makes it much easier. They’re about to change the nCap rating here to reflect the ease of using the major controls and it will also effect the rating.

Just got my new BBS Forged wheels with new Pirelli P-Zero AS III PLUS.

Diamond Black

8 Likes

bet you’ll be a foot away form the kerb with them lovelies when parking.

5 Likes

Yes sir. I’m glad my Audi has around view cameras . Makes it much easier not to curb a wheel