What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

As my better half is from Trinidad:

Streamed from YouTube through my TV.
Happy Diwali everyone.

2 Likes

2 x CD - DG Archiv Produktion 2007 : )

The Great Organ by Franz Schnitger of St.Laurenskerk in Alkmaar, The Netherlands

This was Deutsche Grammophon’s very first stereo recording, from 1955. When finally released in stereo in 1960, ‘The Art of Fugue’ won Helmut Walcha worldwide success. Now we are proud to release it here in 2007, the 100th anniversary of the organist’s birth. “One of the greatest inturpretures of the organ music of J S Bach with an intuitive grasp of the composers mind and intentions that never failed him” [ The Guardian ]

<>

Helmut Walcha was born on this day in 1907

Born in Leipzig, Walcha was blinded at age 19 after vaccination for smallpox. Despite his disability, he entered the Leipzig Conservatory and became an assistant at the Thomaskirche to Günther Ramin, who was professor of organ at the conservatory and cantor at St. Thomas’. In 1929, Walcha accepted a position in Frankfurt am Main at the Friedenskirche and remained in Frankfurt for the rest of his life. From 1933 to 1938 he taught at the Hoch. In 1938 he was appointed professor of organ at the Musikhochschule in Frankfurt and organist of the Dreikönigskirche in 1946. He retired from public performance in 1981 and died in Frankfurt in 1991.

7 Likes

Hourglass by Kate Rusby:

As I’m in the mood for some more mellow music than usual. Kate Rusby is sounding sublime this morning.

9 Likes

Sting - Fields of Gold

13 Likes

New Dawn

5 Likes

5 Likes

18 Likes

Eye to the Telescope by K T Tunstall:

CD rip streaming from my NAS drive. It’s a very enjoyable album.

7 Likes

11 Likes

About to hit the UK on a small tour. Shes been a forum fav for awhile.

1 Like

Tony one for you.

Yes!! And she will be in The Netherlands on Nov. 17th! :smiley:

The latest Fish Fisher album

Some trax off the David Starr album produced by John Oates of Hall and Oates fame due out sometime next year.

2 Likes

from 2007, CD on Dualtone

1 Like

Goldfrapp - Tales of Us

18 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - The Premonition Years: 1994 - 2002

|Patricia Barber (Finger Snaps, Hammond Organ, Piano, Vocals), Neal Alger (Guitar), Ruben P. Alvarez (Percussion), Michael Arnopol (Bass), Joey Baron (Drums), Adam Cruz (Drums), Dave Douglas (Trumpet), Charlie Hunter (8 String Guitar), Marc Courtney Johnson (Bass), John McLean (Guitar), Eric Montzka (Drums, Percussion), Adam Nussbaum (Drums) and Mark Walker (Drums, Finger Snaps, Percussion, Tin Cans).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off this Sunday morning with the fantastic Patricia Barber and one of her CD’s from the ‘The Premonition Years’ triple album release. I love Patricia, she does it all, composer, song writer, singer, piano player, band leader and one hell of a performer. One sweet album!

10 Likes

Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba - Meet Me In London

15 Likes

Depeche Mode Delta Machine - probably the best of recent DM output and sounds pretty good as well
image http://192.168.1.110:9000/music/9d1bac2b/cover?1572190071683

6 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Verse

Patricia Barber (vocals, piano), Neal Alger (guitar), Michael Arnopol (bass), Joey Baron (drums) Dave Douglas (trumpet), Eric Montzka (drums) Cliff Colnot String Ensemble.

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this morning with Patricia, someone I could easily spend the day with and love her music! Another sweet album…

13 Likes