What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

The Who - Who’s Next

Streaming on NAS… moving into mid-afternoon with The Who and Baba O’Riley is sounding outstanding! This is going back in the time machine and at the time, early 70’s, this album was taken out for a spin quite a bit on the old Garrard turntable. Good memories, life is grand! One sweet album…

18 Likes

Now playing…

Van Morrison - The Healing Game

Van Morrison (vocals, acoustic guitar, steel-string_guitar, harmonica), Haji Ahkba (flugelhorn), Robin Aspland (piano), Phil Coulter (piano), Alec Dankworth (double bass), Geoff Dunn (drums, percussion)Pee Wee Ellis (soprano saxophone, baritone saxophones, background vocals), Georgie Fame (Hammond organ, background vocals), Leo Green (tenor saxophone, background vocals), Matt Holland - (trumpet, background vocals), Ronnie Johnson (electric guitar), Brian Kennedy (background vocals), Katie Kissoon (background vocals), Paddy Moloney (uilleann pipes, whistle), Peter O’Hanlon (dobro), Ralph Salmins (percussion) and Nicky Scott (bass guitar).

Streaming on NAS… moving into late afternoon with Van and this fantastic group of musicians and vocalists, this album is sounding superb and bringing on lots of joy and big smiles, just one of those moments where everything is sounding just right! One sweet album! Loving it…

10 Likes

Graham, this is a bit of a departure for Kandace from her stunning Soul Eyes debut album. But I commend her for trying something different. I would suggest you give Indigo a few more spins as it gradually grew on me, as others have suggested.

2 Likes

John Mellencamp - No Better Than This

3 Likes

Sunday morning and the perfect time to catch up on some recent music purchases. Suzanne Vega…interesting music and I do like her voice. For whatever reason I’m in the mood of listening to just female vocalists.

11 Likes

Now playing…

k. d. lang - Ingenue

Streaming on NAS… having k. d. join for the dinner hour and she is sounding mighty fine, like an old friend dropping in… One sweet album!

16 Likes

This is proving to be a much more than a sum of its parts.

.sjb

1 Like

John Mayer - Born and Raised

7 Likes

I do like a “live” album on a Sunday afternoon (and a beer), The Pretenders - Live, Isle of View

11 Likes

Queens of the Stone Age - lullabies to Paralyse

2 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates

15 Likes

In memory of Paul Barrere who has just passed away. Geat band and a great guy who always put on a brilliant show.

14 Likes

Had not heard about Paul RIP.

If you enjoy Blues, I can highly recommend Danielle Nicole. First time I heard her, was a YouTube video: Danielle belts out Etta James (link!) and I fell in love with her voice and expression. For years, Danielle Schnebelen and her two brothers played in Trampled Under Foot. But now she has a successful solo career with a truly fantastic band to back her amazing vocals.
This album I’m listening to is her second studio album as solo artist and I believe a very high quality recording. She’s one of very few artists that sound as good live as in the studio.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Agreed Audionoob. I have posted this Danielle Nicole album a few time on here.

Not sure she gets the recognition her talent deserves.

2 Likes

John Mayer

Born And Raised

Edward

5 Likes

William Elliott Whitmore - Radium Death
Raw, poetic, hard folk album. He has a wonderful rough growl of a voice and plays a mean banjo and acoustic guitar.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel
One of her best and a £1 bargain from Poundland

8 Likes