What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

SS500

On vinyl…:musical_note::+1:

14 Likes

Playing Bluetooth through my back up player (Fiio X5) as my Unitiserve went pair shaped last night, thought I’d start Wednesday morning with Angie McMahon - Salt. An excellent debut album from a young Aussie.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Into The Silence

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Yonathan Avishai (Piano), Bill McHenry (Tenor Saxophone(, Eric Revis (Double Bass) and Nasheet Waits (Drums).

Streaming on TIDAL… taking out another of Avishai’s albums out for a spin. This is smooth and mellow on the opening track and sounding fantastic, a wonderful quintet! …one sweet album.

3 Likes

The sound of his tenor sax blew everyone else’s socks off, so he’s not worried! :grin:

4 Likes

Martha Tilston - Nomad

SS500

On vinyl…:musical_note::sunglasses:

7 Likes

6 Likes

41V6xh4tyFL

On vinyl…:+1::musical_note::smile:

5 Likes

12 Likes

Recent Qobuz hi-res purchases - sounded rather harsh the other day, tonight sounding very smooth - surely digital files don’t need burn in time :wink:

Of more concern, is this because I’ve reverted the Nova to a 2017 firmware in an attempt to correct a display issue, or was the Powerline I was trying on the HICAP powering the NAC 282 iffy. Hmmm.

From Langley Park to Memphis has some great pop songs from Paddy.

I loved Jordan the Comeback when it came out on vinyl - again enjoyable pop but a number of unusual styles throughout the album - some early tracks sound more dated than I’d anticipated, but many of the later slower ones simply have beautiful melodies and harmonies - perhaps it’s age but I prefer these now - One of the Broken is beautiful (and maybe a bit cheesy in places), Mercy is simply gorgeous.

6 Likes

s-l500

On wonderful 45rpm vinyl…:+1::musical_note::smile::sunglasses:

18 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen’s Triveni - Dark Nights

Avishai Cohen (trumpet), Omer Avital (bass), Nasheet Waits (drums) Anat Cohen (clarinet on tracks 3, 9), Gerald Clayton (piano on tracks 9, 10) and Keren Ann vocals on track 10).

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on this late afternoon with more music from Avishai and a very talented group of musicians. Sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

Bob Dylan - Desire.

11 Likes

Bruce Hornsby - Absolute Zero

7 Likes

Midnight Oil - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. It’s about as political as you can get on the forum now. :scream:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Essential Classics on R3. Nice ambient background at this time of day. No doubt presenter Suzy Klein would be horrified. I like it as the day warms.

1 Like

3 Likes

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat.

15 Likes

Lou Reed - Set the Twilight Reeling, not he’s best album but some killer tracks including NYC Man and Trade In.

5 Likes