What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

MI0001505770

12 Likes

Magazine - Real Life

2 Likes

Stunning album @anon37685938

1 Like

Valerie Carter - Just a Stone’s Throw Away
Her first full solo album, released in 1977 with musical involvement from Lowell George and members of Little Feat, Jackson Browne, Linda Rondstadt, Deniece Williams, Maurice White and John Hall.

Valerie sadly passed away in 2017. The song Valerie by Stevie Winwood is reportedly about her as was Jackson Browne’s song That Girl Could Sing, and she really could, a brilliant album and a wonderful voice.

4 Likes

Barbara Keith
Critically acclaimed album released in 1971, Barbara wasn’t happy with the results and gave the advance back and dropped out of the music scene. The one cover on the album is Dylan’s All Along The Waychtower, the original material is strong and familiar as Delaney and Bonnie, Barbara Streisand and others have covered her material. It has been suggested she is the American Sandy Denny. Terrific vocals and songs there are no fillers here!

1 Like

Moon Duo - Occult Architecture Vol 1

2 Likes

The Stone Coyotes - Sally in the Doorway
After quitting music in the 70’s Barbara Keith returned to music in the 90’s with the Stone Coyotes a trio formed with her husband and son. This Is a much rockier sound than her solo album. A great country heavy rock album from 2017, which suits Barbara’s vocal style.

3 Likes

Revisiting…

15 Likes

4 Likes

Neal Casal - Fade Away Diamond Time

3 Likes

Hollie Cook - Vessel Of Love

2 Likes

Now playing…

David Sylvian - Dead Bees On a Cake

Streaming on NAS… kicking off the day with David and currently my favorite album from him. Wonderful music and one sweet album!

13 Likes

Flying Lotus - Flamagra

Faves from 2019: Another superb album of jazz-inflected rap/rap-inflected jazz from the ever-inventive Mr. Lotus. It would have been even better if it was 15-20 minutes shorter. But we can easily do that ourselves.

1 Like

The Beatles - Abbey Road (2019)

I realise I’m late with this, although I bought it some while ago, but I was waiting the return of the crossovers for my NBLs. Although I’ve not performed a back-to-back comparison, it doesn’t seem that much different to the 9/9/09 version, unlike the most recent White Album, which I felt was substantially better than the earlier offering.

Whichever version of the album you listen to, it remains, of course, one hell of a good album!

18 Likes

REM - Automatic For The People
On Vinyl

17 Likes

Paul Butterfield’s Better Days

3 Likes

A Breath Of Fresh Air: A Harvest Records Anthology. Superb 2007 compilation on EMI. Includes the Floyd, the Purps, the Broughtons, Mark-Almond, BJH, Piblotko!, Michael Chapman, Roy Harper, Syd, Third Ear Band, the Pretty Things, Dave Mason, Kevin Ayres, etc etc

9 Likes

Always loved that Harvest label

2 Likes

Saw her in concert and she definitely could.

1 Like