What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking

On Pink Vinyl

Just bought today from HMV for £9.99 an absolute bargain

7 Likes

I’ve spent half a lifetime out of the UK, so had no idea that Fellowes did anything after Julie gave him the elbow. Tidal has three Shuttleworth albums, so time for me to catch up.

1 Like

Deep Purple - Burn.

9 Likes

Kelsey Lu - Blood

KL

Awful cover art, but a sublime 2019 album. Lush soul from the singing cellist, whose version of I’m Not In Love is a must-hear.

4 Likes

More Fellowes/Shuttleworth genius. One of the funniest things/greatest comic characters ever:

10 Likes

Having a Neil and the Horse afternoon:

11 Likes

Mark Knopfler

Sailing To Philadelphia

Edward

10 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out, on hdcd.

15 Likes

How could I have almost forgotten this one?

2 Likes

What did you think of it HH? I have just listened to the hi res download on my portable player while waiting for my car to be fixed, a well timed arrival to pass the time :blush:. Enjoyed it more than I was expecting and will probably settle in better after some more listening. Virtually no coughing though :smirk:, also hardly any audience clapping included. As with Bert I would love to see the performance I went to be released which for me would be the Royal Festivall Hall in November 2015 which I think better than Munich (and longer!) but some idiot started taking photos in the second half which led to a stomp off and scolding so I doubt that will ever officially see release :cry:.

1 Like

Pinchas Zukerman - Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky Violin Concertos - vinyl

Sounding beautiful. Hard to believe I’m playing vinyl.

Phil

2 Likes

4 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire - I Am - 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP 20360

8 Likes

I had it on while painting so it wasn’t a serious listen. The standards at the end are really lovely. I’ve got lots of his solo stuff - La Scala and Rio are really superb.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with these guys. :+1:

First listen Dave…suitably impressed👍

The Isley Brothers - It’s Our Thing

4 Likes

Genesis - Trespass

This must be a competitor with Selling England … for my favourite.

Phil

11 Likes

Now playing…

Kelsey Lu - Blood

Streaming on TIDAL… going with a mention from @bhoyo and taking Kelsey out for a spin and she has one sweet voice, a nice lift for a Friday morning.

5 Likes

4 Likes