What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Getting in to this band, great blues

5 Likes

John Cougar - American Fool, released in '82 ,this album included Mr Mellencamp’s radio friendly hit “Jack and Diane”.

5 Likes

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka

kiwa

I’ve been looking forward to this. It’s available from today on Tidal, and this is my first listen – but I can already tell it’ll be one of my picks of the year.

8 Likes

Tangerine Dream - White Eagle [1982]

Playing this Definitive Edition remaster (1995) to lighten up a dark dank afternoon.

6 Likes

On CD:-

8 Likes

Ledfoot - White Crow

2 Likes

First spin of this artist…very, very good soul from London

4 Likes

John Mayer

The Search for Everything

Edward

2 Likes

Sara K - Tell Me I’m Not Dreamin’

As lots of you seem to like her I’m playing this one and it’s beginning to catch my attention. Which ones do you really rate?

A touch of Patricia Barber on Big Yard, No Pets

Phil

4 Likes

Phil, i have bought a number of her albums lately and enjoy them all. A few I would recommend to start with would be ‘Hell or High Water,’ ‘Made in the Shade’ and ‘Water Falls.’ Two recent purchases have been ‘Don’t I Know You From Somewhere/solo Live’ and ‘are we there yet?’ …I don’t think you can go wrong with any of her work. Interesting background with her 4 string guitar and she tells the story of how she started out with one on her ‘solo Live’ album. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do. She also has a web site sarak.com

1 Like

Aoife O’Donovan - In The Magic Hour Solo Sessions

5 Likes

Bertbird, I know very little about classical music, I very rarely listen to it, but I read many good things about Vasily Petrenko and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. As they are on my doorstep I keep threatening to go sometime but don’t know where to start. I guess I just need to make more of an effort!

Folder%20-%20DNA
Really enjoying this one this afternoon
Enrico Rava (t)
Mario Rusca §
Lucio Terzano (b)
Tony Arco (d)

1 Like

So far so good. I have signed up to the 1 month trial of Qobuz Studio just to see if hires on my Innuos Zenith offers something compared with CD rips. I will try out your recommendations. Thanks. In many ways my choices are much more limited than the wide range of music you play.

Phil

Just got my copy on vinyl this afternoon and currently listening to LP1 Side 1 and just had to say that my jaw dropped with Bob, the songs, the music and the quality and sound of the vinyl.

Looking forward to the next five sides!

Richard

7 Likes

I reckon you should try some of @seakayaker’s choices, Phil - he plays some great material, which I’m sure you’d enjoy.

1 Like

Great cd, live even better.

10 Likes

Micky & The Motorcars - Long Time Comin’

John Mayer

Continuum

Playing more of the superb music from John.

Edward

5 Likes

Alice Cooper Love it To Death, Killer, Schools Out, Billion Dollar Babies all on vinyl

Sadistic Mika Band - Black Ship on vinyl.

2 Likes