What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Well worth a listen, Chrissie has her vocals spot on.

9 Likes

13 Likes

The Pineapple Thief- Your Wilderness. Wonderful stuff, thanks whomever kept mentioning this album. Porcupine Tree lives on (in my mind).

11 Likes

Neil Cowley Trio, Touch and Flee, great album

6 Likes

Ezra Furman - Twelve Nudes

On Vinyl

Vinyl

13 Likes

Out today from Anton Belov. Beautiful.

4 Likes

Sounding really good

17 Likes

Nelly Furtado - Loose, a charity shop purchase from earlier in the year that i enjoy more than I thought I would.

5 Likes

Old Glenn Campbell track not on the western stars cd.

11 Likes

Beth Hart - War In My Mind

Great album.

13 Likes

Genesis - Trespass

Eoin, had to think about that a bit and play it again! The Knife is mostly a band musical extravaganza! Did the four of them do it alone as it is so diverse in the instruments I hear. Perhaps they had an electronic keyboard! It is very much hard rock with extras.

The whole album builds up and up. Dusk is perhaps the pinnacle for me. I like instrumental sounds that resonate in the mids upward and nicely controlled bass. It’s fun when PG moves around as it seems - perhaps they didn’t have wireless mics in 1970 because I notice the movement. There are lots of clever vocals which everyone joins at time.

Phil

6 Likes

What a live recording, the antipodeans no how to record live at their Opera house.

5 Likes

It was the band, Tony Banks was on keyboards, and had a Mellotron to give effects. Then all of them were multi-instrumentalists, so with a bit of multi-tracking you get a lot of instruments, have a look here.

4 Likes

Patricia Barber Verse, could happily listen to her all day and she doesn’t have one bad album

11 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars – Songs from the Film

Streaming on TIDAL… a mention from @Gazza above and others had me place this in the TIDAL queue and now taking out for a spin. I will need to find the film as well and see if I can get a chance to catch a showing. Sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

It sounds like he recorded this specially with orchestra…in a large barn live. Some of his best music live or studio👍

1 Like

Boris Blank and Malia - Convergence

I had the privilege to hear the first track, ‘Celestial Echo’ off this album on the Statement system at Naim HQ yesterday. Quite extraordinary!

Listening now to the same track at home, it don’t sound too shabby.

14 Likes

Been meaning to buy this…will spin in hires on Qobuz…now.