What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

@Clive, it must have been Richieroo, as this was the only Boris Blank played the entire day.

It is a wonderful album and superbly recorded, but what the Statement did for this track was truly stunning.

1 Like

Blimey Pete, what time did you get up?

1 Like

What a great album this is. I remember going up on the train to London with my Auntie May to buy it when it first came out. Life was so much simpler then.

11 Likes

Martin Nonstatic - Granite

2 Likes

Spocks Beard,Snow.Having a Prog rush today!

Starting the day with

Mark Knopfler - Tracker, although he has not released a poor album, this I feel was a return to form, with more upbeat material complementing the more reflective stuff.

8 Likes

Paul Weller’s debut solo album. Not played this in a long time.

4 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Stripped, this is great fun as the Stones strip back some classics from their back catalogue, in live and studio settings.

10 Likes

The whole album is brilliant, but I’m not so sure the follow up albums reached the same celestial heights.

Phil

1 Like

London. November 2001
CD on Sony Classical

2 Likes

Lene Marlin : Another Day. This talented and thoughtful Norwegian singer/songwriter seems to have disappeared from the music scene (?)

3 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Skynyrd’s Innyrds, a greatest hits that I always play to hear " Free Bird" with a natural ending.

7 Likes

On CD

10 Likes

Nell Bryden,The Wayferer,if yo don’t know her,you should. American singer/songwriter,with a fabulous voice,also has had Radio 2 show,have met her a couple of times at Uttoxeter Folk Festival,lovely person.

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix - Blues, awesome!

12 Likes

I’m very much enjoying this new album. The addition of tenor to the trio works really well.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Paths, Prints

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Wood Flutes, Percussion), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS… ended the day yesterday and beginning the day today with Jan. A fantastic quartet and the music is sounding mighty sweet this morning!

5 Likes

Majestic.

G

7 Likes

Thanks, Nigel. It’s on order to be delivered tomorrow. I shall have to see what my humble system can make of it.

It’s one of Polar Bear’s many favourites. I succumbed a few months ago. Happy listening. It has subtle surprises!

Phil