What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Pat Metheny with Anna Maria Jopek, Uponjenie.

8 Likes

Around 6.00. Daylight saving started a few weeks ago and I like to walk the dog before it’s gets too hot.

Yello - Baby [1991]

Trying to drown out the fireworks (for the dog), so far so good.

11 Likes

Listening to the next disc, Jimmy Page and the band are spot on. But Jimmy has done bibs and bobs but never really moved on from Zepp, seems a shame, wasted talent.

13 Likes

Love - Forever Changes, on the recent 2018 Rhino vinyl reissue. Sounding very good on this, the second copy from HMV. The first returned as it was so badly dished the record lip sat nearly 10mm above the Rega mat and the TT lid would not close - back to 1990s vinyl quality control! Plus, had extra debris stamped into the groove for added visual interest.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Malia & Boris Blank - Convergence

Streaming on TIDAL… the talk of Malia and the track off the Convergence album in the recent Naim demo room had me place this in the TIDAL Queue and now taking it out for a spin and after a few tracks I can say it is sounding mighty fine! …anyone remember what track lit up the room at the demo?

13 Likes

Was not there, but would imagine it was track 1, Celestial Echo played at a number of hifi shows i have been to. Happy to be corrected.

1 Like

Uplifting and jazzy for a rather energetic Saturday night, making me feel young again.

1 Like

For me, nothing looks better on stage than twin Flying Vs, somehow it just seems to be pure rock and roll.

3 Likes

@Eoink Yes, I agree when I first heard their twin guitars on the debut album then saw them live at the Fairfield Halls it just blew me away.

4 Likes

The mighty Can. Disc two of three, containing such gems as “Midnight Sky” and a jaw-dropping, 15-minute version of “Spoon”.

7 Likes

Gazza is right, but the whole album is full of wonderful room filling sounds from quite deep bass (but not loud) to the highs. It’s quite a challenge to compose a piece with so many sounds across the frequency spectrum - its a musical masterpiece.

Phil

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Travelin’ Thru

Working my way through this excellent addition to the bootleg series. ( Disc 2 )

3 Likes

5 Likes

Seakyaker, the track was Celestial Echo.

Weird, I am listening to this very album at the moment. I am fairly sure this is the first time I have played it since the arrival of my 552, or the 552 has settled down. No…wait, my MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 manis block, with a new sparkly bottom arrived most recently. Anyway, I don’t recall this album sounding so wonderful, and I haven’t touched a drop today!

This is a wonderful album.

3 Likes

The Doors In Concert (CD 1 of 2)

A great collection of Doors gigs featuring 31 tracks recorded live between 1968 and 1970 in Los Angeles, New York Boston and Copenhagen. Good SQ and lots of fun.

10 Likes

Thank you Nigel…

Bob Dylan - Travellin’ Thru CD 1 - WAV CD rip
1st listen to the latest instalment of His Bobness’s bootleg series, Fantastic songs, several of his finest, mainly Bob singing with his guitar and harp, some with other instruments. He’s on great form on these, and as said above another fine addition to the series.

6 Likes

Weird, just listening to Malia now too! Great minds!

2 Likes

10 Likes