What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

My copy should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Almost released from his record contract…but not quite. Still some good toons though.

5 Likes

Leonard Cohen - I’m Your Man on a cheap and cheerful ‘Mid Price’ vinyl issue that still sounds superb. Tower of Song one of my all time fav tracks.

13 Likes

I was looking forward to listening to this SHM-SACD, but I have to say it’s very disappointing. There’s bags of detail etc but it’s not very exciting. the top end is a bit muffled, the vocals are rather “shut in” and there’s a general lack of attack and thrills.

My two vinyl versions and the SHM-CD all sound better than this. The least good SACD I’ve ever heard, and I speak as someone who loves the format.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Now playing…

Malia - Ripples (Echoes of Dreams)

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on with another one of Mailia’s albums. I listened to ‘Ripples’ during the week and this needed a second spin and it is still sounding mighty fine! …enjoying her beautiful voice and music.

7 Likes

Back in the day my favourite copy was a gold Mofi cd, it seemed so much better than the std cd. Got it out of storage to rip a while back…it had stress cracked and was unplayable. So disappointed your sacd is nothing special.

1 Like

Van Morrison - Three Chords & The Truth - WAV CD rip
His latest release, and it’s classic Van. Blues-rock, soul, Celtic rock, his voice amazing with the same power he had 50 years ago and the control that a lifetime gives, songs with the spiritual and world-weary notes that characterise his writing.
An album that on first listen stands with the best of his great oeuvre.

12 Likes

Van Morrison - Avalon Sunset, some quite beautiful songs, accompanied by some lush orchestration that compliments them rather than being mawkish.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Neil Young - Crazy Horse – Colorado

Streaming on NAS… another recent arrival and taking out for a spin for the first time.

10 Likes

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Colorado - WAV CD rip
Finished the first run of this new arrival, and I really love it. Classic Neil lyrics, socially engaged, Crazy Horse are in folky mode rather than thrash-out, but damn they’re a great band. Top-class soft-style Neil Young, so just about as good as it gets.

7 Likes

The Graduate Original Soundtrack, featuring the music of Simon & Garfunkel and Dave Grusin.

12 Likes

Oslo. June 1978

7 Likes

Hi Eoin, glad you are able to enjoy your music again, after a couple of tough weeks in the aftermath of your mum’s fall :+1:

4 Likes

An old favourite of mine, Love & Money, Strange Kind of Love

3 Likes

Thanks Alan.

1 Like

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - Traveler

Streaming on NAS… taking out my favorite albums from Chris. Love his music, a wonderful songwriter, musician and performer and this is one sweet album!

11 Likes

Cheers was thinking of downloading later today, I was a bit concerned as it had shown up on this thread. :+1:

1 Like

Kicking off a lazy Sunday morning with Antonio Forcine/Sabina Sciubba, Meet Me In London. Sounding excellent at 192/24 WAV. Certainly shows off my new speakers.

12 Likes

Getz / Gilberto.

16 Likes