What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Leonard Cohen - You Know Who I Am - WAV CD rip
Laughing Len from radio broadcasts in the mid-60s, this disc is from a couple,of BBC sessions, he interacts well with the audience, and they even join in one song. Cohen and his guitar, and some of his finest songs, true poetry, superb versions if you like his singing, forward presentation from these BBC recordings, but very fine SQ. Great stuff.

7 Likes

Leonard Cohen - You Know Who I Am CD 2 - WAV CD rip
More Len from 1966-1988:recordings, this disc has several versions of the same songs, and more muffled SQ than the BBC recordings , but still worth it for his performances of great songs.

4 Likes

Agree. I was surprised by how good this was and look forward to playing it more. I was also pleasantly surprised by how good he was in Nottingham last Monday as previous time three years ago I was very disappointed, so much that I nearly didn’t go again this time.

1 Like

Billy Bragg Don’t Try This At Home.

3 Likes

A little late listening on headphones, with the lights down low:

Why? Its Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger.
Nuff said!

5 Likes

Now playing…

John Hiatt - Walk On

Streaming on NAS… kicking off the late afternoon and spending some time with John and his ‘Walk On’ album, and he is sounding mighty fine!

10 Likes

The Go-Betweens, Before Hollywood

2 Likes

11 Likes

Currently reaching a state of meditative relaxation with a glass of Sauvignon blanc and TErry Riley’s In C…

2 Likes

@TheKevster I have the standard CD it sounds ok but I have noticed you have to pump up the volume to get it to sound any good. Was thinking of buying the hi res version but it may suffer the same as SADC.

Wildly underestimated album and band.

Stevie Wonder Songs In The Key Of Life

18 Likes

9 Likes

Elvis Costello - Look Now
96/24 WAV.

10 Likes

I’m loving all the harmonics and echoing coming from the guitar interplay here. Great album and one of my favourites from Dire Straits.

17 Likes

Morning Phase,Beck,gentle laid back start for Sunday morning.

6 Likes

An excellent album, and a great way to start your day. :+1:

Perfect for a Sunday morning…

11 Likes

coverart_1_1

3 Likes

Malia

Convergence

This artist is new to me, first time ever listening to any of Malia’s music. Brilliant music, wonderful sound effects great album. Sound quality via Tidal is first class, can only imagine how much better it will sound via HD download, great way to start a Sunday morning.

Edward

16 Likes