What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Very nice to hear this typical PRAT of a big band…

2 Likes

@ewemon - there are quite a lot of PF titles in this series, covering various albums and also the 1977 tour. The Ummagumma one is pretty interesting. For bootlegs, all the releases on The Archives Records & Tapes label are very well presented.

2 Likes

Christy Moore - Smoke and Strong Whiskey - Original U.K. vinyl
Christy in fine form, the usual selection of his own songs and well-chosen covers, political engagement, tenderness, humour, Irishness. Gentle rock songs, sung by a master singer surrounded by superb instrumentalists.
RIP Gay Byrne, the legendary Irish TV presenter of the Late Late Show, who died today. He’s name checked in the first track Welcome to the Cabaret “Your wife says “Oh no, not Christy Moore, we’ve heard him loads of times before, we’re going to miss Gay Byrne on The Late Late Show””.

9 Likes

5 Likes

The Kinks - Arthur - 2016 mono vinyl
Songs looking at Britain through the first 70 years of the 20th century, with a quirky perspective, one of Ray Davies’s hymns to a lost England and the working man. Great eclectic songs brilliantly played and sung. This is from the fantastic 2016 mono Kinks boxset, do I get the 50th anniversary Arthur set?

7 Likes

510Cw%20csJLL

On vinyl…:notes::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Sinatra At The Sands with Count Basie & The Orchestra, a great concert with a top notch band and even the skits and dialogue are still enjoyable.

18 Likes

I have 5 of them Kev

1 Like

11 Likes

Christy Moore - On the Road - Original vinyl
Back to Christy, and record 3 of this recording of his most loved songs. Recorded over 3 years at live gigs at many venues, with lineups from the Christy/Deccy Sinnott duo to a full band. The recordings capture how great an interpreter he is and how he is just fantastic live, and how much the audience enjoy his gigs. One of my favourite albums of recent years.

5 Likes

kiwa

On vinyl…:notes::+1:

10 Likes

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home.

19 Likes

The Idiot -Iggy Pop ,forgotten how good it is.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Berlin. December 1990
CD on Teldec

a very exciting 9th…Barenboim and the Berlin band in top form!!!

6 Likes

Love & Hate by Michael Kiwanuka.
I’ve been slow to pick up on this chap who is, really quite something special to my ears.
Once I’ve played this to death, I’ll need to check out his latest album too, called simply “Kiwanuka”.

4 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones - Kicks

9 Likes

8 Likes

Now playing…

Ana Popovic - Like It On Top

Streaming on TIDAL… a mention from @johnt earlier today had me place this in the TIDAL queue, arriving home this late afternoon I decided it would be a nice time to give Ana a spin. Very nice sound and looking forward to the rest of the album!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U. S. A.

Streaming on NAS… arrived this afternoon, ripped to NAS and taking out for a spin, it has been a long time since had this album out for a spin. The recent release of ‘Western Stars’ raised my interest in adding a few more of Bruce’s albums to my collection.

16 Likes