What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Ana Popovic - Like it on Top
Lovely modern blues album by vocalist & guitarist Ana, guests include Keb’ Mo’, Robben Ford and Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

4 Likes

Stevie%20Nicks%20Bella%20Donna%20295774

6 Likes

Very nice was happy it came out in high res. Not all like Karajan, but I am one of his fans…, having most of his recordings. Always relative high quality with some jewels …

7 Likes

Ana & Milton Popovic
Blue Room

2 Likes

Pond - Tasmania. Pop music (similar to Tame Impala) from Australia which I like a lot.

2 Likes

Anna Netrebko - Opera Arias: Vienna Philharmonic- Gianandrea Noseda, (2003)

I haven’t played this in a very long time

2 Likes

1 Like

Pink%20Floyd%20Delicate%20Sound%20Of%20Thunder%20232785

12 Likes

1 Like

The Cinematic Orchestra - To Believe. This must be one of my favourite releases this year. Absolutely love it.

4 Likes

The big man with the bigger voice. The first disc comprises singles released between 1951 and 1953…

12 Likes

LP - Deutsche Grammophon : )

<>

Felix Mendelssohn died on this day in 1847

Mendelssohn suffered from poor health in the final years of his life, probably aggravated by nervous problems and overwork. A final tour of England left him exhausted and ill, and the death of his sister, Fanny, on 14 May 1847, caused him further distress. Less than six months later, on 4 November, aged 38, Mendelssohn died in Leipzig after a series of strokes. His grandfather Moses, Fanny, and both his parents had all died from similar apoplexies. Felix’s funeral was held at the Paulinerkirche, Leipzig, and he was buried at the Dreifaltigkeitsfriedhof in Berlin-Kreuzberg. The pallbearers included Moscheles, Schumann and Niels Gade.
Mendelssohn had once described death, in a letter to a stranger, as a place “…where it is to be hoped there is still music, but no more sorrow or partings”.

8 Likes

The End of the Innocence [1989]

Twenty years old now this one never grows old on me, well recorded as ever from Mr. Henley.

14 Likes

Esbjörn Svensson Trio - From Gagarin’s Point of View

Played it one day towards the end of last week. I found it affecting, so here it is again.

7 Likes

The further into the concert the better it get’s …, everybody must be able to hear that I was there… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Frank Zappa/Ensemble Moderne - The Yellow Shark - Tidal
FZ as modern composer, the Ensemble Moderne spent a long time getting to know this music for this live performance, and it was worth it. Mainly instrumentals, from solo piano works to chamber orchestra scorings, the range of Zappa’s composition styles from his jazz influenced work to some works clearly influenced by Varèse, some genuine beauty, some exciting driving jazz, and some complex challenging work. The spoken word numbers are classic (non-scatalogical)FZ. I haven’t listened to this for years, I must pick up a copy, it is serious music of beauty, brilliantly played.

2 Likes

I haven’t played this for quote a while. Kandace Spring’s debut album caused quite a fuss on here at the time. Playing it again now, I’m reminded why.

17 Likes

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue. The title track of this album is wonderful with some delicious harmonies. I haven’t got her latest, but it’s only a matter of time.

9 Likes

13 Likes