What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

13 Likes

Pat Metheny Unity Band

Pat gets back to more conventional Metheny Jazz (and no wailing vocals)

7 Likes

eels - beautiful freak

Chance find on the shelves.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart

Tanita Tikaram (vocals, guitar), Mark Isham (trumpet, flugelhorn), Paul Brady (mandolin), David Lindley (violin), Marc Ribot (guitar), Rod Argent (keyboards), Brendan Croker (guitar), Pete Beachill (trombone), Mitch Dalton (guitar), Martin Ditcham (percussion), John Georgiadis (violin), Keith Harvey )cello), Noel Langley (trumpet), Malcolm Messiter (oboe), Helen O’Hara (violin), Brendon O’Reilly (violin), Philip Todd (saxophone), Peter Van Hooke (drums), Clem Clempson (guitar), Mark Creswell (guitar), Ian Jewell (viola), Rory McFarlane (bass).

Streaming on TIDAL… going with a mention from @Filipe above and taking Tanita out for a spin and she is sounding mighty fine along with a talented group of musicians supporting her on this debut album from 1988. Worth the time to give a listen…

12 Likes

Albert King - I’ll Play The Blues For You

Inspired by @Steve_S, I realised I haven’t played this for ages. On checking the CD I ripped from, it appears I have the same 2012 Stax remaster. I seem to remember the SQ was OK but not exceptional. It also appears that I have had a couple of upgrades in kit since I last played it, as it sounds better this evening than I remember.

Great album.

10 Likes

2 Likes

JJ Cale - Special Edition

Never seen this JJ Cale album before so when I saw it for a Pound from that place, I thought all I have to lose is…err…a Pound.

Pretty decent album and nice recording.

10 Likes

Croz [2014]

I’ve enjoyed rediscovering David Crosby this year and this one is very good.

8 Likes

A gem👍

1 Like

A delightful album. Jake Xerxes Fussell - What In The Natural World.

1 Like

John Cougar - American Fool

If you like a bit of mainstream Americana, then this Pound punt hits the spot.

I see back then John was rocking both a mullet and a flick - brave choice.

5 Likes

You would look good…you know you want too😉 I just keep glueing them damn hairs back in myself😬

11 Likes

3 Likes

I am just jealous, Gazza.

1 Like

Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man

Couldn’t believe it when I saw this for a quid.

Bl**dy brilliant.

8 Likes

The Croz’s classic. One of those cases where the remaster sounds so much better than the original, 180gram vinyl remaster

10 Likes

They are going for a pretty penny these days but if you are a Hunky Dory fan hunt out the 1997 analogue EMI 100 vinyl release, it is sublime. Sounds incredible, highly recommended

22 Likes

First listen of new vinyl

14 Likes

Great! Thanks again for posting @anon56864344
4 Likes