What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

5 Likes

Mary Coughlan - Tired and Emotional - original UK vinyl
Mary’s 1987 debut, and a fine way to introduce herself. She’s got a great jazz voice, and manages to sound very Irish while singing with true jazz style, a set of excellent songs, a fantastic band, overall a blast.

5 Likes

Otis Redding - Otis Blue - 2017 reissue vinyl
From the fantastic Rhino reissue boxset, a wonder-album. A combination of covers and 3 Otis originals (including RESPECT), with Booker T and the MGs as fine a backing band as is possible to find. Brilliant songs, sung by one of the great voices and interpreters, it’s pure music.

There are some pairings of singer/guitarist where they have such chemistry and understanding that they act as duets, Plant & Page in Zep, Mary Black and Declan Sinnott, Bowie and Mick Ronson, but I think that Otis and Steve Cropper might be the greatest example.

12 Likes

After really enjoying their recent LP I want to explore their earlier work. First listen to this LP

6 Likes

James Hunter - The Hard Way.

2 Likes

VInyl

16 Likes

13 Likes

5 Likes

Vinyl

3 Likes

Now playing…

Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow

Streaming on NAS… arriving home and in the mood to listen to Kate and I do enjoy '50 Words for Snow quite a bit, so taking out for a spin. One sweet album!

15 Likes

2 Likes

The brilliant new track from The Reverend Shawn Amos and the Brotherhood.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Great prompt. I really must play this again. A Joni masterpiece.

2 Likes

An excellent choice :+1:

91d1228913551d2652a4c0abfd300a5cdea80377_2_500x500

9 Likes

This reminds me of a joke my housemaster told in 1973:

Man: Do you smoke after sex?

Woman: I don’t know, I’ve never looked.

For us 12 year old boys it was sensational!

3 Likes

Gwyneth Herbert - All the Ghosts

Sunny opener to a cold, sunny day.

2 Likes

Just put it on here! Great album.

1 Like

Something for a grey day … but somehow affirming.

14 Likes