What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

New Grand Tour album which dropped through the letterbox today, Clocks That Tick (But Never Talk). Enjoyable first listen and was enjoying it more and more through the second half. Didn’t reach the heights of their debut album Heavy On The Beach which, for me, is a prog classic, but then this was only the first listen…

1 Like

For breakfast, enjoyable…will download this weekend.

3 Likes

Which London Grammar album is the best to start with? I’m not into heavy rock (my wife closes the door if left open).

Phil

Start with this one Phil, “If you wait”. It’s a great album.

Regards

PB

8 Likes

Strange in that my copy via A (Jan-14) in is simply ’ /750’, so I’m off to get my John Bull Printing Kit and will make a ‘001’ stamp.

Strange aspect though is that the barcode is scribbled over.

London Grammar - If You Wait - TIDAL within Roon

PB, Yes, on first impressions I think I could become a fan of LG. She has a stunning voice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Phil

6 Likes

An instance where ‘one and only’ and ‘unique’ really can be used without exaggeration.

3 Likes

Ry Cooder - Jazz

9 Likes

@HappyListener ,that is very odd. My copy is a 2013 German pressing wth full barcode. Maybe yours is the very first (dodgy)pressing. :wink:

Just listening to this for the first time on Tidal. Pretty good. Can see it being a grower and good for some headphone listening while travelling.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Money and Cigarettes, the album before he thought having Phil Collins produce would be a good idea :sunglasses:
Underrated with some nice help from Albert Lee and Ry Cooder.

7 Likes

Big Eric Clapton fan here. I have to hear that one. Hope its on TIDAL.

Bailyhill

1 Like

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

4 Likes

Always a good album to listen to in order to blow off some steam. People may say they are past their prime especially after the split with Peter Hook but they remain one of my favourite bands and I only regret they don’t release too much new material these days.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy, one of his best.

14 Likes

@anon71888798 - My cover detailing is the same as your photo (save the written over barcode and issue#). The vinyl is blue & plays fine - made in Germany.

I wonder if I’ve got a promo copy or somesuch via the big river – ooohhh rarity (£’s !! :thinking:) but given they don’t appear to have sold out 750 (+ mine + other promos?) worldwide - have they? - I’m not holding out much hope :disappointed:

1 Like

I have a first pressing vinyl of this in the loft, the one before they edited the sleeve notes. I think it is a cracking album.

Alice In Chains, MTV Unplugged.

Beautifully stripped back songs and great SQ,

4 Likes

6 Likes