What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Steve Rothery Band - Live at the Band on the Wall, Manchester

I’ve always been a sucker for Steve Rothery’s style and sound and this is another fine live album from him.

3 Likes

Blondie, Parallel Lines.

Scrolling through my albums list and this one jumped out at me, classic Blondie.

19 Likes

Hi Debs & Tony my number of the Miller Anderson is 134/ 750. I also hope the good doctor is happy and well enjoying his retirment in Devon I also miss him on here.

ATB Graham.

1 Like

5 Likes

Being released tomorrow, Ewen?

I lot of talk about this album on here recently…

Vinyl (6 Jan. 2014)
Label: Mig Music
ASIN: B00GCWBN2O

Product Description
“Bluesheart” is officially Miller’s fourth solo album following “Bright City”, “Celtic Moon” and “Hemlock”, although the latter was recorded as a Miller Anderson solo album, the project was given a band name. “Bluesheart” features a selection of original Anderson songs, including a re-recording of “High Tide and High Water” from “Bright City”. “Bluesheart” was co produced by future Miller Anderson Band bass player Kris Gray with Miller. The studio band consisted of Chris Farlowe’s musicians, Norman Beaker – guitar, John Price – Bass, Dave Baldwin – keyboards, Paul Burgess – drums and Deep Purple organ player Jon Lord guests on two tracks. Limited blue vinyl collector’s Edition – 750 copies, serially numbered.

ATB Graham

5 Likes

I missed out on this first time around as I was living in Sydney in the late 90’s so i lost out on some music ( small price to pay ) . I asked a friend who invests in new bands what the first album he would play on my system would be and he said this album without hesitation . Heavily influenced by Talk Talk , apparently their producer was involved? Its a great listen .

Catherine Wheel - Adam & Eve .

Adam & Eve

Perihelion Ship - A Rare Thunderstorm in Spring

Very fine prog metal with more than a few nods toward Opeth, heavy and musical, good stuff from this Finnish band.

3 Likes

Get to know Elektra.

Rare Reiner with The Met in 1952 before his move to Chicago. Pity that this live recording quality is not the best it can be but I appreciate Reiner’s meticulous and expressive direction and sopran, Astrid Varnay here is in top form.

5 Likes

Earl Klugh And Bob James - One On One

Paolo Nutini - These Streets

No logic in selecting these two very different albums but both are equally entertaining.

8 Likes

NYC, June 2006

John Abercrombie, guitars
Marc Johnson, bass
Mark Feldman, viloin
Joey Baron, drumzzz

5 Likes

ROD STEWART Every Picture Tells A Story… Including Maggie May, Mandolin Wind and Reason To Believe.( Original 1971 Vinyl.

16 Likes

Diablo%20Swing%20Orchestra%20-%20Sing-Along%20Songs%20for%20the%20Damned%20%26%20Delirious
Diablo Swing Orchestra :- Sing-Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious if you live in the UK, the alternative is head in the sand making it difficult to hear the music :crazy_face:

Amos Lee - Supply And Demand

Inspired by an Amos Lee posting earlier, I have selected this to listen to next.

Amos is a seriously talented singer. If he writes his own material, then I am even more impressed. I have three of his albums now and they are all very engaging.

4 Likes

Yaron Herman trio - Follow the white rabbit

Nice modern jazz.

Personnel: Yaron Herman: piano; Chris Tordini: double bass; Tommy Crane: drums.

3 Likes

The Carpenters, Gold.

I have never played this before, it’s one of Margaret’s albums. I thought I’d put it on while cooking dinner and have thoroughly enjoyed it, I will definitely revisit this one.

10 Likes

Alan, Amos Lee is a recent discovery for me. I have listened to Mission Bell (As The Crow Flies are tracks recorded during the recording of Mission Bell) on Tidal and it is yet another belter by Amos. I am now listening to As The Crow Flies and really liking this too.

Needless to say another visit to the river is called for.

What a talent he is!

2 Likes

Listening to some singers today - one from the past, really good !

Mark Murphy (voc)
Ronnie Scott, Derek Humble (s)
Jimmy Deuchar (t)
Jimmy Woode (b)
Ake Persson (tr)
Francy Boland (piano)
Kenny Clarke (d)

1 Like

220px-Oxygene_album_cover

Its been a while, Streaming from Tidal, LP at the weekend.

9 Likes

Led Zeppelin II

The house to myself for a wee while and playing one of their finest albums from the Definitive SHMCD Collection back to back with some of their “deluxe” (2014) remaster in 24/96.

17 Likes