What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Just put this on myself

1 Like

4 Likes

Yep. I have had a copy for a little while but haven’t played it much. Thought I would just remind everyone that it was coming out.

1 Like

Led Zeppelin III

Mixing it up again with the (reference?) SHMCD and the 24/96 (2014) remasters. Wonderful!

14 Likes

Nigel, yes I think it was one of my posts on the original forum that piqued your interest in Amos Lee.I can’t take credit for discovering him though ,that goes to my wife and daughter who were introduced to his debut album whist sailing down The Nile, but that’s a different story :grinning:
We got off the Amos train with the “Mountains of Sorrow,Rivers of Song” which is also recommended.Would like to see him live though

2 Likes

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

I know I referred to this earlier but I have now had a chance to listen to the entire album and I can thoroughly recommend it.

The fact the likes of Lucinda Williams and Willie Nelson decided to contribute to this fine album, speaks volumes for Amos Lee’s growing and well-deserved reputation.

6 Likes

Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey / Garvey’s Ghost, the original and dub albums on one cd.Seem to be enjoying the dub more tonight.

7 Likes

AJ Ghent Band - Live At Terminal West

Now if ever there was a live album where it is clear the Band were having an absolute blast, then this is it.

Goodness, AJ can certainly play that there geetar.

Let’s go!

5 Likes

Not seen much of Janis Joplin on here of late…here’s one for her fans

7 Likes

September 1984

6 Likes

Wasn’t sure about this compilation album when i first bought it a decade ago, modern takes on Blue Note records, probably takes some getting used to but its definitely a grower, and it’s one of those CDs you can put on when you can’t think wot to play.
This would be a pretty cool play in the car too, will try it out soon : )

7 Likes

1975 - UK first pressing…

14 Likes

The Derek Trucks Band - Songlines.

8 Likes

Valentine present from my lovely wife.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Steve Winwood - About Time

6 Likes

I have that Japanese Polystar vinyl pressing @Polarbear - it’s superb.

On 24/96, their latest single. Best UK singer-songwriter in the UK as far as I am concerned (I known I’m biased).

6 Likes

Thanks to others for playing this. Listened to some clips and wife bought me for valentines. Good atmospheric album. Nice voice and some good songs

3 Likes

Your still the one–Shania Twain

1 Like