What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Front Parlour Ballads is almost entirely acoustic, with all instruments but percussion played by Thompson. Despite the basic approach, however, this is not a sparse album.­ Thompson’s guitar playing is as complex as ever, and the songs stand comparison with any of his best.

CD

7 Likes

On CD:-

It Bites - Map Of The Past

6 Likes

Pops Staples - Don’t Lose This.

Fabulous tremolo laden guitar, with soulful blues and gospel singing from the late, great Pops Staples, and his rendering of “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” must surely be the definitive version.

Happily, it’s there on Tidal, and you really do owe yourself a listen.

6 Likes

Jim, I’m guessing that album would have been Alpha Centurai…?

1 Like

Ese & The Vooduu People

Enjoying three of their latest singles in hi-res while waiting in anticipation for the album next month.

4 Likes

Kikagaku Moyo’s self titled EP that they managed to compose and release during their seemingly endless touring. Fine Eastern orientated psychedelic rock

Yes, I wondered about that but thought it might have been too far off mainstream even for the early days of Virgin. Being a bit of a TD nerd with about a hundred albums I’ll have a hunt around and see if I can find out.

1 Like

this one is good too

3 Likes

Bringing back memories with some ‘’old’’ tunes. Still getting goosebumps of the intro and the bass that hits after it.

I actually didn’t know he had done some solo work - without his girls – (only one left now)
will definitely check this out - thanks dave…
enjoy/ken

1 Like

Alan, that’s a great album. I think it was recorded on the evening of the 9/11 atrocity in 2001. He was going to cancel it but went ahead in respect to those killed. I think it is even more poignant because of that.

1 Like

Pink floyd Animals :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Lunatic Soul - Walking On a Flashlight Beam

Probably still my favourite LS album so this fine prog rock/soft metal album is getting another outing tonight.

7 Likes

Roger Waters

Amused To Death - DSD 2.8

Edward

11 Likes

Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega - Original U.K. vinyl

I’ve seen a few plays of SV recently which inspired me to reach for her beautiful debut album, a set of singer songwriter numbers of the highest quality.

11 Likes

Possibly my favourite DP studio album ??

12 Likes

First, Van Morrison - Avalon Sunset

Now, George Duke - Face The Music

Why? Interesting you ask that.

Well, I listed ‘All Albums’ alphabetically in the Naim app to select the first album to listen to this evening. I didn’t even get past ‘A’ and my eye was drawn to ‘Avalon Sunset’ by Van Morrison. Now here is the really interesting bit. I then fancied listening to ‘Fade To Light’ by Boz Scaggs, so went to ‘F’ in the alphabetical listing, but was drawn to ‘Face The Music’ by George Duke instead!

Also the colours of the album covers match a bit, don’t you think?

Sometimes it is best not to inquire ‘Why’!:wink:

9 Likes

Ese & the Vooduu People - Singles - 24/96 WAV downloads

1st listen to Ese’s new single, and it’s another gem. Sophisticated vocals with her unmistakable voice and power, love the way the keyboard ripples along with her. Enjoying the others as well.

3 Likes

13 Likes

6 Likes