What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Eels - The Deconstruction (2018)
Happy go lucky tunes from Mr. E.

7 Likes

A recent purchase and very good it is too.

Cheers

1 Like

struggling with my stupid gene this morning so if this doesn’t post correctly then the album is Heart to Mouth from LP - a lady I discovered from the Jools Holland programme when she was a last minute replacement - some replacement, talented lady, great songwriting & voice. The album image is meant to be here:

3 Likes

Annie Sims, should ply the more often a lovely album indeed.

1 Like

Took a punt on this one and purchased a vinyl copy for £10.

6 Likes

Billy Gibbons - The Big Bad Blues.

The Reverend at his finest, back to his blues roots.

15 Likes

Might as well start the new Forum off as I left the old one - with a Goldfrapp LP on original UK vinyl.

21 Likes

Unknown
Super Furry Animals at the BBC.
About to work my way through this vinyl box set.

2 Likes

I think this will do nicely as my first album here.

18 Likes

A fine way to start indeed, Tony(2011).

2 Likes

I have this on CD which is ripped to the NS01 and streaming via ND555. It’s an excellent recording, made on 19 January 1957, 62 years ago this weekend! Maybe a bit less aurally challenging than I normally play, but this is just fine for the lunch break.

7 Likes

Picked this one at the recommendation of a friend. Features Michael Bluestein from Foreigner going back to his jazz roots.

3 Likes

Let’s give this a go…

Not only great music but fantastic production too. An album that always makes me smile when I listen to it.

Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution

10 Likes

Otis Taylor - Hey Joe Opus Red Meat.

Modern blues at it’s finest from the venerable Otis … an old forum favourite, if you know what I mean! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s there on Tidal, so have a listen.

10 Likes

On CD:-

Zero 7 - Yeah Ghost

4 Likes

Edit - ah ok, when we reply, it doesn’t necessarily include anything from the post we’re replying too. Useful for stopping pointless image reposting, but surely just the text of the individual post we’re replying to might be useful?

Anyway, the below is a reply to the Billy Gibbons album posted above!

I’ve been watching Bones lately, in which he plays an amusingly weird recurring cameo role. That made me check out this album, and very good it is too. Like a really good version of exactly what it is, and nothing it isn’t.

I’m currently listening to this:

I’d not previously given it all that much time, as for some reason I was kind of looking for a particular kind of stand out song. Not sure why. But today a mood struck me and I felt like just giving the album chance to show me what he was up to at the time, rather than particularly expecting or looking for anything in it. And on that more laid back level, it’s been enjoyable so far.

5 Likes

On CD These Foolish Things - Bryan Ferry

6 Likes

Otis Taylor - White African.

More from Otis Taylor, carrying on in the spirit of John Lee Hooker … once you start listening to Otis, there’s no stopping … but then, he is a bit special, innit.

6 Likes

Neil-Young-Hitchhiker-500x500

Neil Young - Hitchhiker on vinyl as I have been a life long fan of Neil and currently into this LP.

Richard

p.s. I can now post pictures easily… thanks new Naim Forum!

12 Likes

On CD

11 Likes