What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

TG - DoA. UK second pressing from 1979. I remember buying this one school lunchtime, and driving my mum mad by playing it constantly at home. Happy days.

7 Likes

Julian and Roman Wasserfuhr - Remeber Chet

Checking out a for me new quartet. They sound very good. Is a modern dedication to Chet.

Julian Wasserfuhr – trumpet + fluegelhorn
Roman Wasserfuhr – piano
Sava Medan – bass
Andi Haberl – drums

3 Likes

Paul Rogers - Free Spirit.

Paul reprises the music of Free, live at The Royal Albert Hall.

The package comes with an accompanying DVD, and is confirmation of his being one of the best UK voices ever, … erm, LOUD!!!

7 Likes

Great album Steeve. The Ohio Players were one of my favourite funk bands who sadly seemed to get by-passed in the UK. I think this is because of the injection of so many jazz influences in their music that it somewhat pigeonholed them as non-commercial. So be it. I think Contradiction is one of the all time great fusion funk records. How did they get that deep kick drum sound in more of their work?

3 Likes

(1968 | 2018)

The Doors eponymous 50th Anniversary Mono remaster.

This seemed like a good one to start with on the new forum

17 Likes

Seems rude no to then

.sjb

5 Likes

great to see your post on the new forum Steve

2 Likes

On CD:

9 Likes

Thanks Paul I eventually found my way over here and what a nice place it looks at first glance…

3 Likes

let’s try to post :grin: on the new forum

Otis Taylor - Truth is not Fiction - ripped CD

cover

5 Likes

1 Like

Let’s get into the spirit of the new forum by evoking the spirit of the old: Bobbie’s masterpiece, on UK first press vinyl…

7 Likes

It’s good to see so many familiar avatars and names are here already.

3 Likes

I’m not normally a fan of Jazz, but my tastes have changed a bit over recent years, and Tidal is a wonderful medium for exploring genres that one wouldn’t normally check out. Found this album on Tidal, purchased a hi-res version from Qobuz, and now have 3 of his albums in hi-res. Excellent sound quality and very listenable once you allow yourself to get into the Jazz ‘groove’.

Followed by a return to more familiar blues ground with a really excellent blues based live album from the Jefferson Airship off-shoot - Hot Tuna
Hot%20Tuna%20Double%20Dose

3 Likes

Neil Young - Tonight’s The Night Live - LP

As I have fond memories of when I not only saw this tour in Liverpool but also bumped into Neil and the band outside The Adelphi Hotel and showed them down to The Cavern.

At the time my hair and dress sense was just like that on the album cover… kinda’ cool!

Richard

14 Likes

Heard his quartet play at a local jazz club and bought the CD.

1 Like

There is one person in the main who posts Bobby Gentry. A small name change though!

Phil

1 Like

Jackie McLean - Consequence

Jackie McLean and Lee Morgan. Great jazz.
Originally recorded in 1965, it wasn’t released on LP until 1979

Alto Saxophone – Jackie McLean

5 Likes

and now

5 Likes

A Step Further

Those Battersea blues rock boys Savoy Brown doing their very fine thing fifty years ago this year in those badlands of sarf London.

(1969)

6 Likes