What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

:laughing: Youā€™re welcome

Great stuff Seakyaker. Mary Gauthier is new to me but I will certainly be investigating further her rather unique and engrossing style.

Gaz Coombes - Worldā€™s Strongest Man on pink vinyl (standard black wax version also winging its way). Bought this album fairly recently and Iā€™d just not got round to giving it a spin - wish Iā€™d done so sooner as itā€™s a cracking album.

4 Likes

Well - I for one knew nothing of Elizabeth Cotton, so thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately this particular album doesnā€™t appear to be available on Tidal in the UK. In fact there are no albums by her on Tidal. There are however a few tracks of her compositions which are absolutely wonderful.

I will definitely investigate her further.

1 Like

@Hmack Try spelling it 'CottenĀ“ not ā€˜Cottonā€™ ?

Blue Tapestry - Live - WAV CD rip

A band from the early 2000s, consisting of some of the best English folk-rock musicians, they toured for a couple of years playing songs by Joni Mitchell and Carole King, faithful and really enjoyable covers.

1 Like

Hi Steeve,

Ah yes - unfortunately my spelling was out in my post and not in my search - no albums by Elizabeth Cotten available in Tidal for me Iā€™m afraid.

Thatā€™s a bummer. :frowning: Spanish Tidal triumphs for once. Iā€™m sure itā€™s swings and roundabouts though as I donā€™t always see things here that I would have thought to be a given.Itā€™s cheaper here though (slightly!) - only ā‚¬20 per month!

YetiZone, this is indeed a fine album.

That is strange. I have just searched for Elizabeth Cotten on Tidal and there is plenty of material there. I wonder if it is the dreaded variability of Tidal catalogue by region that is at play here. But it is us in the UK that usually miss out when this happens.

Hmac, where do you live?

@Steeve
Thatā€™s strange! I had been searching Tidal in Roon when I couldnā€™t find any of her albums.

I have just searched Tidal in Linn Kazoo and have found 4 albums.

I wonder why?

10,000 Maniacs - Unplugged.

11 Likes

Very strange!

@Hmack does sound strange but Iā€™m not familiar with Roon at all so couldnā€™t say why.

1 Like

I have raised a query about this on the Roon forum, but in the meantime I am listening to one of her albums on Tidal via Linn Kazoo. I canā€™t believe I hadnā€™t heard of her - she must have been hugely influential.

1 Like

David Bowie - Black Star. Vinyl, first UK pressing. What else can you say, but an amazing record to conclude a truly astonishing career.

12 Likes

This is my favourite Rush album, it has a raw edge to it which is un-Rush like. The second track Ceiling Unlimited is stonking and so is Ghost Rider which follows it and Peaceable Kingdom and obviously the title track. The lyrics to Peaceable Kingdom really resonate with me.
Rush themselves werenā€™t that fond of the mix, personal trauma within the band affected their playing so they remixed it all. For me, my favourite tracks lost their edge and my less favourite tracks were improved upon with the newer remixed release

3 Likes

Me neither. But now I have more time to look, Iā€™m finding more and more significant music from the past that has somehow passed me by.

Now playingā€¦

Kebā€™ Moā€™ - Kebā€™ Moā€™

Streaming on NASā€¦ā€¦ continuing on with another album from the ā€˜Whatā€™s your top reference track - and Why?ā€™ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ā€˜Am I Wrong.ā€™ Very familiar with Kebā€™ Moā€™ and enjoy all of his work, and he is sounding mighty sweet!

Dealer just dropped by and took away the NDX and left the NDX 2 so Kebā€™ Moā€™ is the first full album streaming on the new boxā€¦

14 Likes