What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Following the tip from @Steeve - Elizabeth Cotten - “Live” recorded in concert at the age of 85. Wonderfull guitar work for someone of that age and an inspirational version of the classic "Oh Babe it ain’t no lie’ that I have covered by other artists, but that I had no idea had been written by her - wonderful story about the background to the song as well!:

6 Likes

20 Likes

Had intended to play Life.Love.Flesh.Blood, but elected to choose this one instead

Imelda May - Mayhem

9 Likes

Now playing…

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops

Streaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Tinseltown In The Rain.’ First time listening to this group and from comments from others I have been looking forward to playing this album. Opening track is not disappointing and is sounding sweet!

13 Likes

2014 - vinyl…

9 Likes

i have both on french tidal : elizabeth cotten and cotton. albums available

Paul Rodgers - The Royal Sessions.

7 Likes

jeremy-denk-c1300-c2000-brdr-450

4 Likes

Now playing…

Yello - Flag

Streaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘The Race.’ This is the first time taking ‘Yello’ out for a spin, something different but does have the toes tapping, looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!

14 Likes

It’s an iconic album, the band were originally formed and commissioned by Linn to showcase their hifi hence how good it sounds

1 Like

Lulu - A Little Soul in Your Heart, a covers album of soul and r’n’b songs ,backed by quality musicians and overseen by Elton John.She really does have a great voice.

4 Likes

Wan ay Glesca’s finest … belter, ken.:+1:

Um yeah ?, right on Dave :grin:

1 Like

Now Playing…

Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July

Streaming on NAS… Taking out Stevie for a spin, it has been a while since ‘Hotter Than July’ has been out and about and wanted to give it listen… and Stevie is sounding mighty sweet! The album flows so well…

12 Likes

amazing woman guitarist. Album to come ( 2 tracks available on qobuz). Just watched « purple heart » on youtube : a sister of hendrix !

2 Likes

Now Playing…

The Who - Who’s Next

Streaming on TIDAL… stretching my legs with the new streamer and giving the Who a listen and its sounding pretty damm good, a trip back in time… this is sweet!

15 Likes

Enjoying (maybe enjoying is the wrong word) Wednesday afternoon in the office,

Neil Young

The Dobbie Brothers

10 Likes

Now playing…

Prince - Piano & A Microphone 1983

Streaming on NAS… ending the day with Prince with this September, 2018 release which is one fine album. Prince is sounding mighty fine!

10 Likes

6 Likes

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / Sir Thomas Beecham
Haydn: Symphonie N∫ 101 'The Clock! / Symphony N∫ 103 ‘Drum Roll’

5 Likes