What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now Playing…

Yello - Baby

Streaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Jungle Bill.’ So playing the Yello sound once again and sounding fine…

12 Likes

After being reminded by @seakayaker thought I’d play the original,

The Kiki Dee Band - I’ve Got The Music in Me

8 Likes

16 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Immersion 5.1 version downmixed to stereo

I bought this the other day. Its appaling value for money but I ripped the blu ray and downmixed the 5.1 to 2 channel and it sounds fabulous through my 272 / 250 / dynaudio gear - much clearer and more expansive than the stereo mix - there is some real 3D on the middle 3 songs.

10 Likes

Barns Courtney - The attractions Of Youth.

I posted this one a few days ago, and, having had a second listen this afternoon, it’s definitely worth another mention, IMHO.

It’s his debut album from last year, and quite how he’s managed to slip under my radar until now is something of a mystery.

It’s on Tidal, but here’s a couple of tracks to be going on with:

Erm, please play LOUD!!!

5 Likes

Stonedhenge

Ten Years After managed to knock out a second album in the UK in '69 which extended to four sides of vinyl. Lovely.

9 Likes

Frederico Colli - Bach

6 Likes

Vinyl edition

3 Likes

Ten Years After - Stonehenge was their third album, Undead was the second.

1 Like

Sting - Brand New Day.

7 Likes

Just finished…

Hugh Masekela - Stimela (The Coal Train) from the album Hope

Streamed from TIDAL… could not find the album on TIDAL so played the track which is found on the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread. A fantastic track and will be on the lookout for the album, loved it!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Super Tramp - Brothers Were You Bound

Streaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Brothers Were You Bound.’ The opening track ‘Cannonball’ is sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

Like this a lot.

They have a Bandcamp page as well:

https://grupsimsek.bandcamp.com/

2 Likes

Arguably one of the best bands of the 90s. Their second album from 1994.

Darlin’ don’t you go and cut your hair
Do you think it’s gonna make him change?
“I’m just a boy with a new haircut”
And that’s a pretty nice haircut
Charge it like a puzzle
Hit me wearin’ muzzles
Hesitate to die, look around, around
The second drummer’s drowned
His telephone is found

Music scene is crazy
Bands start up each and every day
I saw another one just the other day
A special new band
I remember lying
I don’t remember lies
I don’t remember what

But I don’t care
I care
I really don’t care
Did you see the drummer’s hair?

Advertising looks and chops a must
No big hair!
Songs mean a lot
When songs are bought
And so are you
B***h, rant down to the practice room
Attention and fame so
Career, career, career

3 Likes

Eric Clapton - Reptile, on HDCD.

6 Likes

Yes indeed but as I said they managed to knock out two albums in '69.

15 Likes

To commemorate the recent announcement that this will be released on vinyl for the first time on 14th June.

Due to many prior years of following her on MySpace, when this debut album came out it seemed like a big event to me. It has a wonderful home-made feel to it. Refusing to sign to a regular label or be tied to a contract, the second album was funded entirely by pledges from fans in return for personalized items or gigs in your living room.

One of the singles also spawned one of the greatest (although most people disagree with me!) music videos of all time.

https://youtu.be/yG-XKr5vkQk

2 Likes

Will Stewart - County Seat. Apparently, Will is from Alabama and this is an excellent album. If you like artists such as The Jayhawks, Jason Isbell, Lambchop or Drive By Truckers, I think you’d find this worth a listen.

IMG_0457

1 Like

Yep one of Canada’s finest. He hasn’t released a bad album.

2 Likes