What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Indeed I did @Mint - required listening back in the day.

“If it moves, funk it!”

Listening on TIDAL but they don’t have the original LP artwork.

A relatively unknown soul and RnB artist from Washington. My interest was piqued by a single, “Where Did You Learn To Make Love The Way Tou Do”, being released for Record Store Day this year. It’s a very enjoyable album.

From Discogs:

Sharon Ridley is a celebrated pianist who got to work with producer Van McCoy way before he did “The Hustle” on her first commercial release in 1971, “Stay A While With Me”. No singles were released from that collaboration at the time, but they did record one single issued with both of their names, the 1973 Sussex non-album single “I’m In Your Corner”. After McCoy hit #1 with “The Hustle”, Sussex Records belatedly issued “Stay A While With Me” in 1975. Her second album, “Full Moon” contained “Changin’” with that album version timing out at 6:29. Ms. Sharon wrote 6 songs for that album, but “Changin’” was not one of them. The other two songs were covers of two Motown classics, “You Beat Me To The Punch” and “Ain’t That Peculiar”. She also gained credits as the Rhythm Arranged by, Keyboards by, and Backing Vocals with person, pretty impressive hats all around! Sadly, “Changin’” was her final new release.

2 Likes

Simple Minds

Street Fighting Years - CD Rip

All the talk above from my home city of Glesga has put me in the mood for some Simple Minds.

Edward

5 Likes

CD - EMI 2006 : )

Happy Birthday David Gilmour!

73 years old TODAY! :smiley:

20 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold, why?, to listen to “Telegraph Road”.

17 Likes

Now Playing…

Mozart: Zaide

Streaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Zaide: Act I. No. 3 Aria: Ruhesanft, mean holds Leben.’ Opera is usually not something I listen to but it is working for me this morning, gently helping move into this Wednesday morning! Sounding mighty fine…

5 Likes

Simple Minds

Once Upon A Time - 24/96

Simple Minds at their absolute best.

Edward

11 Likes

Larry Schneider quartet - Blind date

Good straight ahead jazz from Larry Schneider and his quartet.

Larry Schneider on sax, Andy La Verne on piano, Mike Richmond on bass and Keith Copeland on Drums.

4 Likes

while reading the last chapter of "Absolutely on Music: conversations with Seiji Ozawa (Haruki Murakami)

cover

3 Likes

Hall & Oates - Greatest Hits, Rock’n’Soul Part 1

12 Likes

Elton John - Songs From the West Coast, from 2001, this can be ranked alongside earlier classics IMO, a very solid album.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Thelma Houston - I’ve Got The Music In Me

treaming on TIDAL…… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘I’ve Got The Music In Me.’ Thelma is sounding mighty fine, toes tapping, body swaying…Sweet!

8 Likes

14 Likes

My favourite DS track… get the volume turned up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Something different.

Nice jazz by Dexter Gordon and his quartet. With Philip Catherine on guitar.

7 Likes

I hadn’t realised that this album had been released digitally. I have the original Sheffield Lab vinyl direct cut version which sounded (and still does sound) amazing - my favourite of the Sheffield Lab releases.

1 Like

I really can’t remember where I came across this album. It may have been via Roon Radio or it may have been a recommendation on this very thread. I just don’t know.

Anyway, a bit of a guitar cross to my ears between Pink Floyd and Santana (and a few others that don’t come immediately to mind), and a very pleasant diversion from the traditional based blues music I have been playing all day up to now. Well worth a listen!

Magic Red - “The Unspoken Truth”.

magicred11

2 Likes

On vinyl. If not my favourite album very close.

12 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band

Continuing to stay and play in '69 with this fine debut album from a great blues rock band.

13 Likes

Queen - Greatest Hits - CD (streaming)

Little did I know that this would be the last album on the 252 and first on the loan 552 (thank you Naim for loaning it to my dealer). It was in November that I asked, but I think the wait has been worth it!

The 552 really has got loads umph which delivers excitement by the barrow load, and Queen is full of that. I don’t complain about my 252, but…

Phil

12 Likes