What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

I also played this today for the first time in quite a while and I very much enjoyed it.

10 Likes

The Cult - Love.

I know, it’s late, but next door is away for a couple of days … so this … extremely LOUD !!!

There’s another thread about “best frontman”, and although I voted in favour of Michael Philip Jagger, at the time, I have to say that yer man, Ian Astbury ain’t far behind.

Anyone else think that, regardless of the music, he was / is pitch perfect?

5 Likes

Continuing in a mellow fashion

Diana Krall - When I Look in Your Eyes.

14 Likes

Alan,

It’s 23.30 on a Monday night … bugger mellow! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sorry, mate, my neighbours are away, and I’m having fun, Chez Dave. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue

Streaming on NAS… on my doorstep when I arrived home this evening, ripped and taking out for a spin. The UN - mastered (Hybrid SACD) version of ‘What A Shame’ is sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Sorry Dave, mellow it has to be ,we’re detached but my wife is upstairs watching tv:grinning:

On another note, have you seen that The Stones are bringing out another compilation, imaginatively called “Honk” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.Yes, I hear you say ,but why tell me?
Well, because on the Super deluxe jobby that these releases now seem to have there is a live disc ,culled from concerts from last year. It features “Lets Spend The Night Together” from the Manchester concert you attended.So that might make it a bit special.Or maybe not!
Enjoy that volume :grinning:

Nice one, Alan, the Old Trafford concert was memorable, other than for the fact that my ageing back wouldn’t quite allow for the dancing skills which once won me a bottle of champers doing a “Mick “ to “Brown Sugar “ in a local nightclub… many, many years ago.

It was a great night, in the company of my daughter, so I’ll be getting a couple of copies of this, soon as.

1 Like

i like it . Will investigate more. It’s blues / rythm n blues . Nice voice with power too.

So glad you attended with your daughter ,makes it so much more special.I keep threatening to take mine, although she did take me to a local club to see The Counterfeit Stones tribute band a couple of years back." Mick" was excellent :sunglasses:.
Anyway ,Diana has finished tinkling the ivories ,so I will say goodnight.But I get the impression you’ve just started .

1 Like

Next door’s away, the night is still young, it could get loud! Woohoo… tomorrow’s another day :weary::weary:

2 Likes

Great to see you back Ewe.

1 Like

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Companion

Streaming on NAS… Patricia vocals and playing the Hammond organ on the opening track, ‘The Beat Goes On’ is fantastic, another sweet album!

5 Likes

Flippin’ heck Dave, I can hear you in Chesham!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Nightclub

Streaming on NAS… continuing on with the third CD that arrived on my doorstep this afternoon! Patricia is one hell of a vocalist and piano player, the opening track ‘Bye Bye Blackbird’ is mighty fine! …and Patricia is one sweet performer!

11 Likes

Imagine, if only we could.

8 Likes

Classy hard bop tenor.

3 Likes

During workout, a great album

8 Likes

Another great album during workout

16 Likes

Nice music for breakfast

3 Likes